Board logo

Le Mans 2016
Brian R - 1/6/16 at 03:43 PM

As title. Anybody going? I'm going Thursday to Monday with 21 others on a stag party! What could possibly go wrong??

Never been before but it's one of those bucket list things to tick off.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/

Toprivetguns - 1/6/16 at 04:16 PM

Ive been several times and for my stag do

Make sure you visit arnage, a little village outside Le Man. Also the drivers parade on the friday is good fun, which then follows into the evening!

Le man musts for the suitcase.... Ear plugs, bog roll and berocca

Dave Bailey - 1/6/16 at 06:51 PM

Classic Le Mans for me in July....

ianm67 - 1/6/16 at 08:18 PM

Make sure that you get yourself down to the Stella Bar at Tetre Rouge. Awesome !

AndyW - 1/6/16 at 08:44 PM

Going again this year but the kit car is staying at home as still in bits. At least it will be a comfy drive, but a bit duller.

Can't wait....

gremlin1234 - 1/6/16 at 08:48 PM

lemans can be extremely hot, it can also rain. it can also do both together!, and still be cold at night!
ps, see the cars racing at night if you can.
edit. opposite the pits at night is very good

[Edited on 1/6/16 by gremlin1234]

Toprivetguns - 2/6/16 at 05:28 AM

PPS bring as much beer into the track as possible, we had cool boxes with wheels

rgrs - 2/6/16 at 11:39 AM

I went last year, we normally do the classic (as we are this year).

It's a great experience, however as previously mentioned take earplugs, dependant on where you are it's very loud.

If you can get there Arnarge at night is good fun.

Roger

Dave Bailey - 2/6/16 at 11:48 AM

I am staying on the Porsche curve.

Thanks
Dave B

Brian R - 2/6/16 at 05:03 PM

Excellent thank you. Lots to think about then. We are camping at Beausejour I think. Taking a couple of bikes too to share so hopefully get around the track a bit.

Really looking forward to it.

gremlin1234 - 2/6/16 at 05:18 PM

also worth having a pocket FM radio, (many/most mobile phones have these now) for radio lemans.

Worzey - 2/6/16 at 06:59 PM

Heading down in the R400 on Friday morning and back on Monday.

Wondering how much gear and beer we can pack for two people

gremlin1234 - 2/6/16 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
Heading down in the R400 on Friday morning and back on Monday.

Wondering how much gear and beer we can pack for two people
get to camp, pitch tent, do shop run for beer, its cheaper than here!

Toys2 - 2/6/16 at 11:07 PM

We went a few years back, had Cobra kit at the time, loved the drive down and cruising around

We had a drive around the open parts of the circuit on the Friday, don't even have one drink if you're driving, they were breathalising the Brit drivers

We'd stopped in Mulsanne for a drink - I had a soft drink, sure enough we got stopped by the police somewhere near Arnage

The police came to the left side of the car, asked my wife if she had been drinking, "Yes" she said and with a flourish of her hands said, "but no steering wheel!!" he walked around to my side with a smile

Brian R - 21/6/16 at 11:03 AM

Epic weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed by everybody. Bit of a nightmare getting into the circuit Thursday night. Traffic queues for several miles. Stop start for around five or six hours! Once in though not too bad.

Taking the bikes was a godsend. We saw so much that we probably wouldn't have without them. Even rode the entire track just after the race finished.

Cruel finish for Toyota though. They owned the race and deserved the win but that's racing I guess. We were stood on the Porsche Curves for the final two hours and the crowd erupted when the Toyota stopped.

Great experience and will definitely be going back.

Photos and video to follow when I get a minute.

Toprivetguns - 21/6/16 at 12:50 PM

Can I ask the price of a pint on the track ?

swanny - 21/6/16 at 01:31 PM

from hazy memory 5-6 euros?

worth uit occasionally for a cold one if the weather is hot.

hoping for sun at the classic this year :-)

Brian R - 21/6/16 at 01:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Toprivetguns
Can I ask the price of a pint on the track ?

We all took rucksacks with a few beers in each so didn't buy any so don't really know to be honest. Chips were 4 or 5 euros a portion if that's any help?

Worzey - 21/6/16 at 04:16 PM

We paid €9-€10 in the Guinness bar An expensive but fun weekend.

Brian R - 27/6/16 at 10:00 PM

A few pics. Quite a few actually :-)

David Jenkins - 28/6/16 at 10:14 AM

That orange and black P2 car is tiny! It doesn't even come up to the knees of the guy behind.

That must be scary to drive in amongst the big boys...