Board logo

Locost Racing on American Telly
sgraber - 27/7/04 at 02:03 AM

I'm watching a show called 'Fifth Gear' on American SpeedTV and they just had a segment touting the 750MC Locost Series. Sweeet. The on-air talent (a very nice looking woman) even took one of the cars into a race with in-car cameras and audio commentary. It was great and really made me wish that I lived in the UK so I could participate in the series. Plus did I mention the announcer lady was a tart?

Is 5th Gear a programme you guys get in the UK? It seems to be British.

sgraber - 27/7/04 at 02:06 AM

I meant to add that the car she drove in the race was a nice Dark Blue one with yellow splatters of paint all over it and a full cage. Owned by a fairly young man. I think I have seen this car before, does it belong to anyone on the Forum?

David Jenkins - 27/7/04 at 07:14 AM

She was Vicky Butler-Henderson...
...I have heard various rumours that she trashed the front of the car she was driving, caused the early finish of the race, and got a rollicking from the track marshals for her wild and dangerous driving!
Still, I believe that she started in grass track racing, which explains a lot...

David

James - 27/7/04 at 08:36 AM

A mate videoed it for me but wouldn't let me keep what was on the rest of the tape so I can't check back now.

Anyway, yes, she did drive into the back of someone and smash the nosecone up but AFAIK the race didn't stop and she finished within the top 10.

But I may be remembering it wrongly so I stand to be corrected!

James

JAG - 27/7/04 at 08:44 AM

The car your refer to is owned and run by Stuart Taylor Motorsport. I think the driver is Ian Greys son - Ian owns ST Motorsport.

I sat in that car at a recent show

Terrapin_racing - 27/7/04 at 08:59 AM

here's the young lady herself Rescued attachment vbh.jpg
Rescued attachment vbh.jpg

timf - 27/7/04 at 09:41 AM

vbh 1st car related jurno job was in the then new car mag max power. they sent her to be a navigator in a rally car , iirc she spent most of the day trowing up as she was not prepared for what the car was capable off.

David Jenkins - 27/7/04 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by James
Anyway, yes, she did drive into the back of someone and smash the nosecone up but AFAIK the race didn't stop and she finished within the top 10.

I was quoting from memory, from the Locost Club mewsletter... but I may be wrong (who me? Never! )

David

stephen_gusterson - 27/7/04 at 10:01 AM

VBH is quite a hottie.

for me its not that she looks that great, its her voice...............

atb

steve

ps - no once actually said - yes, its a brit program on channel 5 I think. It was a spin off from 'top gear' when bbc deleted, then later re-estated it. most of the people are ex top gear presenters.

dunno if the humour is to american taste, but get a video by jeremy clarkson, top gear presenter, and see what he does with cars. like putting a toyota 4wd on a roof of an apartment block, blowing it up, and seeing if it still drives when recovered from the rubble. it did

stephen_gusterson - 27/7/04 at 10:03 AM

this pics better.......

sadly the hand prints are not mine

[Edited on 27/7/04 by stephen_gusterson] Rescued attachment vicky_butler_henderson2.jpg
Rescued attachment vicky_butler_henderson2.jpg

Brooky - 27/7/04 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by JAG
The car your refer to is owned and run by Stuart Taylor Motorsport. I think the driver is Ian Greys son - Ian owns ST Motorsport.

I sat in that car at a recent show

Close but no cigar my friend, the car was raced by Tim Gray, but he also owned and prepped it. He isnt Ian's son, they just have the same surname.
The car was sold on after last season and Tim now races a phoenix with a blade engine in the RGB.
( he still has the seat VBH sat in at home and sniffs it regularly ) - I made the sniffing thing up by the way.

sgraber - 27/7/04 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
VBH is quite a hottie.

for me its not that she looks that great, its her voice...............

atb

steve

ps - no once actually said - yes, its a brit program on channel 5 I think. It was a spin off from 'top gear' when bbc deleted, then later re-estated it. most of the people are ex top gear presenters.

dunno if the humour is to american taste, but get a video by jeremy clarkson, top gear presenter, and see what he does with cars. like putting a toyota 4wd on a roof of an apartment block, blowing it up, and seeing if it still drives when recovered from the rubble. it did

Yes, she IS a hottie! And British humour is very much to my taste. Thank you very much. But I s'pose when you have a country with 275 Million people, someone would find the Brits humorous...

On another note,...

What other Driving enthusiast shows do you get that should be exported to America?

Dave Ashurst - 27/7/04 at 06:31 PM

Like Steve says, you should try BBC TopGear (in current format)

Not always PC and not necessarily factually correct but a good "lad's mag" and entertaining too. Not to be missed IMO.

blueshift - 27/7/04 at 08:52 PM

I spotted the blue and yellow spatter finish locost at donnington, went and talked to the guy. confirmed from the horse's mouth that vbh broke the nosecone, and didn't pay for it!

still, who cares. she's very schwing.

stephen_gusterson - 28/7/04 at 09:08 AM

vbh a lesbo?

I dunno if thats a good or bad thing!

atb

steve

Alan B - 28/7/04 at 11:43 PM

It's Ok Steve...trust me..

derf - 30/7/04 at 12:18 PM

If anyone is using Kazza, it's on there, not a bad show at all.