Board logo

Big Thank You
ashg - 5/5/12 at 08:40 AM

Have to say a big thanks to handy Andy and k4kev. yesterday for the second year running I managed to damage my car on the moors out on a 1000mile road trip. What was even stranger was that I did it about 30miles from Andys again! (some may say it's becoming a habbit) to cut a long story short I smashed a hole in my Ali sump going over a crest in the moors and lost all my oil in about 30seconds fortunately I turned it off before all the oil was out. I got the car recovered to Andy's and he kindly lent me his garage offering to put his car out on the road in the rain. an hour later the sump was off and Andy was driving me 15miles down the road where kev kindly spent a good hour or two patching up the damage with his tig welder. Drove back to Andy's not forgetting KFC for dinner on the way fitted the sump filled her with new oil hey presto back on the road. by then it was about 11pm and we were 150miles from where we was meant to be staying. Andy offered us a bed for the night but wanting to catch up with the group I decided to go for the ultimate first road test and drive it overnight the 150miles to Blackpool. Well other than being about -3deg c everything went fine.

cheers guys you saved me a very long ride of shame on a low loader once again!

omega 24 v6 - 5/5/12 at 08:58 AM

Great to see people being sociable AND helpfull to each other for a change. Well done to you all.

theduck - 5/5/12 at 08:58 AM

Result! Glad you got it sorted, and hope you paid for the KFC

ashg - 5/5/12 at 01:16 PM

I did indeed

handyandy - 5/5/12 at 06:40 PM

You are most welcome Ash, I was glad to be in the position to help

The KFC was yummy, tho we didn,t need any mayo or bar B Q dip.....engine oil on the the fingers gave the KFC a taste all of its own

Glad to hear the car is holding out well...top marks to Kev for doing the Tig welding .

It is indeed becoming a yearly thing, so , next year I,m moving to Timbucktoo

cheers
Andy