Board logo

Speed Humps!
Zagato - 19/3/13 at 06:32 PM

How do you get over this problem?!

Don't go down residential roads I suppose but do 7's ground on them - how high does the motor need to be before it grounds

Westy1994 - 19/3/13 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zagato
How do you get over this problem?!

Usually very slowly...lol...

Before I had my sump shorted this was the killer of all my broken ones, even going slow eventually wears them out, I currently have 4 inches clearance , which around here is enough to clear the bad ones, I did however take what I thought was going to be a shortcut before Xmas, going though a housing estate, ended up being the worlds longest time taken to travel down that road, how the locals cope I will never know....

matt_claydon - 19/3/13 at 07:03 PM

I keep meaning to fit some wooden skids to the bottom of the chassis either side of the sump, about 5-10 mm lower than it, then I'll just slide over them without worrying.

theduck - 19/3/13 at 07:04 PM

Go over diagonally helps to.

PeteS2k - 19/3/13 at 08:38 PM

Remember as well that for the speed 'pillows' that you can straddle with your tin-top without even noticing, you need to put one wheel on it

dave r - 19/3/13 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PeteS2k
Remember as well that for the speed 'pillows' that you can straddle with your tin-top without even noticing, you need to put one wheel on it

dragged the arse of the corsa on one of those last night....
mind you it had got 6 bags of cement in the back

bi22le - 19/3/13 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PeteS2k

Yup, the one where your meant to put wheels either side just go offset and run both wheels from one side over. if the bumps go straight across then little diagonal helps to keep wheels higher for longer.

i also think that the location of the sump helps. right. inbetween the front wheels is best.