Board logo

Introducing myself
motivforz - 8/5/14 at 12:02 PM

Hello all,

Relatively new member, but I've been following this forum for a few years on and off. I've recently bought a Locost (from a very kind and informative member on here) and just starting to get into the car - I've got an ambitiously long list of minor tweaks and improvements to make, although it's an excellently built car to start from!

I started building a Robin Hood 2B when I was 17, got it to a rolling chassis stage but then had to sell it for university funds, pretty much the biggest regret I have. I've always hankered after a 7 style kit since, and the MX5 I had for a year just didn't quite cut the mustard, although brilliant in it's own way. After selling that, it lead me along a 6 month search due to limited budget and availability on the market, but I've found one now!

Thanks for all the help and advice over the past couple of years through the great posts by forum members. I look forward to posting more and hopefully contributing to the forum! I'm going to try and document the work on this locost, although all my good intentions end with busyness and hastiness.

Cheers for now,
Chris

zx12r dug - 8/5/14 at 12:09 PM

Hi welcome.

Proby - 8/5/14 at 12:14 PM

Hello and welcome!

kj - 8/5/14 at 12:31 PM

Welcome what part of the UK you from

motivforz - 8/5/14 at 12:40 PM

I'm in South Oxfordshire (Wantage ish), just updated my profile a to reflect that.

Norfolkluegojnr - 8/5/14 at 12:41 PM

oops! fixed now.

[Edited on 8/5/14 by Norfolkluegojnr]

kj - 8/5/14 at 12:48 PM

You need to change the size of the picture

OliilO - 8/5/14 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by motivforz
I'm in South Oxfordshire (Wantage ish), just updated my profile a to reflect that.

I'm just down the road in Didcot if you ever fancy a run out somewhere.

rick1962uk - 8/5/14 at 06:28 PM

hi welcome im in chinnor m40 jun 6 not far from you if you need a lathe or help just pop down

motivforz - 8/5/14 at 06:44 PM

Thanks for the offer of a lathe - I may take you up on that at some point!

Would also like to go for a run out - been driving around Didcot and surrounding areas for a while, pouring over OS maps, there's a few gems of roads but they're few and far between. Still learning about the handling of the car too - slowly slowly catchy monkey.

OliilO - 8/5/14 at 06:45 PM

Yes, the area seems to be full of 40/50 limits which is never ideal!

I've currently got engine dramas but should be sorted in a week or so.

scutter - 9/5/14 at 08:41 AM

Welcome, I'm over at Brize Norton. If you need a hand with anything just shout out.

Regards Dan.