Board logo

£7495 for a Dutton
Andybarbet - 24/6/14 at 10:05 PM

Ebay item number 111390193946

And another 'slightly' modified dutton appears.

SPYDER - 24/6/14 at 10:13 PM

DAX Rush MC by the look of it.

femster87 - 25/6/14 at 05:39 AM

Why spend that much and not bother to register it properly

Ben_Copeland - 25/6/14 at 05:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by femster87

Cos it's a hell of a lot easier. Judging from his spelling it was a hell of a lot easier not to go to school too!

Norfolkluegojnr - 25/6/14 at 08:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
quote:
Originally posted by femster87

Cos it's a hell of a lot easier. Judging from his spelling it was a hell of a lot easier not to go to school too!

Far to many exclamation marks. Always a sign of a dullard.

mcerd1 - 25/6/14 at 08:41 AM

linky: eBay Item

quote:
DAX Rush MC by the look of it

defiantly dax panels and front wishbones and what I can see of the rest of the chassis looks like a dax....

motorcycle_mayhem - 25/6/14 at 12:47 PM

No mention of 'awsum breaks' or the car being 'faster than my mates impretzer', so I can only assume a somewhat underwhelming example of a Dax.

Legality is a the usual subject of debate, from the display of pre-1973 plates in an (incorrect size), to the clear misrepresentation that must clearly exist on the V5.

Considering an insurance company is using the lack of an EGF valve on a Transit that recently came through my garden wall to invalidate the driver's insurance policy, the unfortunate victim of any accident involving this car will have problems too...

coozer - 25/6/14 at 12:55 PM

After looking at that Dax, linked to another dodgy one..

KIT CAR TRACK DAY SYLVA RIOT COMPLETED PROJECT KAWASAKI 1400 ZZR 12 MONTHS MOT

12 months MOT but not road legal, whats that about?

r1_pete - 25/6/14 at 02:01 PM

Thats probably MOTd on the chassis number, and the remaining VOSA maze is yet to be done.

Its really time eBay did something about this, in the event of an accident, and subsequent problems, could they be implicated as aiding and abetting the sale and use of such vehicles??

mcerd1 - 25/6/14 at 03:24 PM

getting back to the 'dutton'

this come up on the vehicle enquiry:

quote:
Date of Liability 01 04 2014
Date of First Registration 19 12 1986
Year of Manufacture 1986
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1600cc
CO₂ Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

last I checked fireblades aren't 1600cc, dax didn't make Rush MC's in 1986 and while I'm actually red/green colour blind - even I can see that car's not red....

whitestu - 25/6/14 at 03:28 PM

On the Riot ad I like "QUICK VISIT TOO DVSA (FORMALLY VOSA) WILL PUT YOU ON THE ROAD".

Why did I spend so much time preparing for and worrying about my SVA!

stu

D Beddows - 25/6/14 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
No mention of 'awsum breaks' or the car being 'faster than my mates impretzer', so I can only assume a somewhat underwhelming example of a Dax.

Legality is a the usual subject of debate, from the display of pre-1973 plates in an (incorrect size), to the clear misrepresentation that must clearly exist on the V5.

Considering an insurance company is using the lack of an EGF valve on a Transit that recently came through my garden wall to invalidate the driver's insurance policy, the unfortunate victim of any accident involving this car will have problems too...

NO EGF VALVE!!!!

wots that then?

some kind of hybrid exhaust gas particulate filter?

I hate these do gooder threads tbh

snakebelly - 25/6/14 at 07:56 PM

Just for the sake of clarity I did email the seller informing him of the issue, his reply was:

"Thanks I never new any thing about this and brought the car last year in good faith as a Dutton kit car I know nothing about kit cars and so I thought the car was legit.
cheers Richard."

I have also sent him a link to this thread so hopefully it will be pulled from sale pretty sharpish.........or will it?

Andybarbet - 25/6/14 at 09:11 PM

So he is the exact reason that this should be brought up so that we can raise awareness.

Some new members might end up buying a great looking car that they have spent decent money on and it ends up being registered incorrectly, the first you find out maybe after a non fault accident and you end up being uninsured.

If the seller is telling the truth then I seriously feel sorry for him, this needs an IVA & thats costly, or he could sell it as 'unregistered' & take a hit because its worth a lot less.

Or just carry on with the sale & let some other poor unsuspecting buyer deal with it unawares, just like he has been had.

D Beddows, comments like 'i hate these do gooder threads' don't really help, I like to think we all try to look out for fellow kitcar owners/builders or prospective owners that are new to the scene. I know when I started looking at kitcar building, my local club were fantastic, then I found this site & would'nt be without the advise on here.

snakebelly - 26/6/14 at 06:14 PM

Sadly he seems to have ignored the information given him and is still representing it as a Dutton.....well I tried :-(

alfas - 11/7/14 at 11:06 AM

99.9% sellers using ebay know what they are selling....i guess his reply was only an excuse.....anyway, if he bought that car really in good faith, than the info provided here in the forum would help him returning the car to his seller!!

but how does it happen that those cars regulary pass a MOT....Mot testers arent blind...especially as a Dutton has a very unique shape?

Slimy38 - 11/7/14 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alfas
99.9% sellers using ebay know what they are selling....i guess his reply was only an excuse.....anyway, if he bought that car really in good faith, than the info provided here in the forum would help him returning the car to his seller!!

but how does it happen that those cars regulary pass a MOT....Mot testers arent blind...especially as a Dutton has a very unique shape?

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable with kit cars, and even I didn't know until very recently what a Dutton looks like.

alfas - 12/7/14 at 08:16 AM

following the reply of the "dutton" seller via ebay:

"the dutton was red before it did have a 1600 cc engine in the car and it isnt a what you call a dax rush!!! if you think this is a rush ui would like you to pop down to my house and have a look at my brothers dax rush in the garage and together we will get both cars out and from there you can see that you no nothing in what you are talking about!!!!!!!"

[Edited on 12/7/14 by alfas]

alfas - 12/7/14 at 04:54 PM

after further communication with the seller i could make him believe that his car is a dax rush mc, definately not a dutton.

he has now realized what he is selling and i believe him now when he says that reading all the infos given, that he was ripped off by the former owner.