Board logo

Sylva Striker vs Exige
pekwah1 - 19/9/16 at 11:08 AM

Ok ok, so the title is a bit misleading.....
But my friend just bagged himself a limited edition Exige Sprint and it seemed a good excuse for more photos

bi22le - 19/9/16 at 11:46 AM

Nice line up. I was level pegging with an S2 exige at Bedford a few years back. He was faster on the straights, but only just. I managed to pull it back under braking and corners.

Fast cars, quite expensive though.

pekwah1 - 19/9/16 at 11:55 AM

yeh he paid about £30k for it, it's a 2008.
Very nice car, really not much different to his S1 elise though from where i was looking, aside from being a bit bigger and having a roof and spoiler!

I was thinking about what i'd get for £30k if i had that lying around, probably a £10k kit and some pocket money

coozer - 19/9/16 at 11:57 AM

Imagine how extra power you would get for a third of the price....

pekwah1 - 19/9/16 at 12:29 PM

exactly!
Exige has 240hp i believe, a 7 type with the same power - easily achievable for £10k, probably would get more if you wanted!
I guess you can hop in the exige any time you like with a bit of creature comforts etc and haven't got to worry about your face getting taken off, but that's part of the fun!

Horses for courses i guess ;o)

Was surprised how much of a lard the exige is though, 935kg

coyoteboy - 19/9/16 at 08:03 PM

Haha the exige looks massive!

nick205 - 20/9/16 at 03:52 PM

I do like the Exige - smart looking car!

I had an Elise driving experience some years back. Driver briefing then 4 laps + 4 laps - I thought I was Schumacher at the end of it. Then the instructor took me out for a lap and showed me what the car (his own car BTW) was really capable of. Got out feeling a little smaller and slightly more humble

marco - 20/9/16 at 05:09 PM

Interesting comments as I've just splashed out recently and I love it

Yes expensive, but has a roof, a soft top , a radio, a heater & air conditioning, turns heads, handles fantastically, I now don't have to worry about the weather or wearing a helmet. Can talk to a passenger if I really need to

Pretty sure its faster than my GSXR Mk Indy, more so over 3 figures.

Description
Description

nick205 - 22/9/16 at 10:26 AM

Not slow cars! More aerodynamic than a 7 I suspect.

pekwah1 - 22/9/16 at 10:37 AM

Yes the 0-60 is around 4 seconds i believe, and yes they also can go over 110mph