Board logo

Birthday
PAULD - 28/5/21 at 06:53 PM

Well, happy 20th birthday to my locost. Despite everything being "wrong" with it (1600 pinto, 4 speed box) I still thoroughly enjoy driving it. So thanks to the much maligned Ron Champion (OK, it was on the road for £1800 not £250) and the good old Locost Car Club (any old members still about?)

myke pocock - 28/5/21 at 07:18 PM

Certainly are! I even have Issue 1 of the Locost car Club Newsletter (plus a few others)

James - 28/5/21 at 09:27 PM

Happy Birthday car!

Bob still shows up here every now and again!

I imagine SteveM was a member too. Maybe Hicost?

Cheers,
James

rusty nuts - 29/5/21 at 06:52 AM

I was a member albeit with a high membership number 2005

Deckman001 - 29/5/21 at 07:08 AM

Happy birthday car,
I’m an oldie too, but a newbie car 😊

Jason

steve m - 29/5/21 at 07:17 AM

As James said, yep i was there, also Marcus, was an old member,

I was reading one of those leaflets only a few weeks ago, wasnt it Rory Perritt who produced them ?

PAULD - 29/5/21 at 08:25 AM

Glad to see some oldies still about. Ah, the newsletter, I think i still have some in the loft, must look them out. It was Rory who did it. I made him a filler nozzle and screw in cap. Can't do that now. Wonder if he finished his car.

UncleFista - 29/5/21 at 07:27 PM

I'm still calling in a few times a week. I'm a refugee from TOL (the other list)

I can't remember what member number I am, but pretty sure it's a double digit one.

Car is still on the road (a little late this year) but it'll still be in the family until I can't get in and out

Good memories here, it's still a haven of good advice and little drama all these years later.

David Jenkins - 30/5/21 at 09:50 AM

Just had a look at my car's registration document - it's 15 years old! Where did all that time go...

(Just as well I did take a look - its MOT is due next week)

Marcus - 15/6/21 at 11:29 AM

I'm still around, been here from almost the beginning. Still have the car but not run for a number of years due to stuff...
Noticed a few on the facebook group too...

JAG - 15/6/21 at 11:41 AM

#metoo

I've been here since 2003 and my car is 16 years old soon. I was also a member of the Locost Car Club, I even wrote a couple of articles that got published

SJ - 15/6/21 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Just had a look at my car's registration document - it's 15 years old! Where did all that time go...

(Just as well I did take a look - its MOT is due next week)

Mine will be 15 this November as well.

I'm using it now more than ever!