Board logo

Garaged out
rayward - 26/2/08 at 08:27 PM

well, never thought i'd say it, but after spending every spare minute in the garage over the last month or so doing my winter rebuild, i opened the garage door tonight and couldn;t face it.

closed the door and came back inside.

lost enthusiasm? don;t know but one annoying thing is most of the stuff i;ve done won;t be seen once the nose/scuttle are back on

oh well at least i'll know its all done properly

rant over, thanks for listening (well reading!)

Ray

r1_pete - 26/2/08 at 08:32 PM

Best to have a few days off, if you persevere you start cutting corners, and it becomes a chore. After a few days you'll be up for getting on with it properly again...

nick205 - 26/2/08 at 08:44 PM

definitely time for a break

Do something different and get back to in it next week.

Golf?
TV?
Book?
Pub?
Tai Chi?

DIY Si - 26/2/08 at 08:59 PM

Just go and have some beer, or whatever you're chosen poison is. Then watch a car based film, something like Gone in 60 Seconds does it for me, then you'll want back at it.

coozer - 26/2/08 at 09:49 PM

Yes Ray, I sympathise with you on that one... I went on holiday in September last year and didn't go back in the garage until December!!

RK - 27/2/08 at 02:54 AM

Con somebody else to store it in their garage. You'll miss it in no time!

t.j. - 27/2/08 at 10:56 AM

I'm also at the moment not so inspired, So i leave it alone.

you will get over it.....

matt.c - 27/2/08 at 09:12 PM

Hmm tell me about it!! Mine is doing my head in at the moment!!!

stevebubs - 28/2/08 at 12:19 AM

Yep - not really touched the Fury in about a year....

Just to top it off, I cracked the windscreen the other day by dropping a hoover on it

However, I can feel the enthusiasm coming back slowly...just need the warm weather to arrive and I'll probably roll it onto the drive and finish the bodywork...

blueshift - 28/2/08 at 07:41 PM

Second the car films thing, also I find watching vids online of people firing their engine up for the first time, or listening to recordings I have of V8s starting up etc, helps to get the juices flowing.

zilspeed - 2/3/08 at 03:30 PM

Tidy the garage, a tidy garage makes you want to be in there.