Board logo

ASH!
55ant - 15/4/10 at 07:43 PM

none here yet, what does it look like, just a big grey cloud? anyone seen anything yet

been weird looking up and seeing no vapour trails.

blakep82 - 15/4/10 at 07:45 PM

nah, don't think you will really see anything to be honest. sky's not quite as blue as it normally is this time of time and this weather. sort of hazy, but nothing really out the ordinary for this weather.

wonder when it'll start settling on stuff?

tegwin - 15/4/10 at 07:55 PM

The dust is up very high in the atmosphere... if it rains we may get quite a bit... but otherwise its not going to snow down....

The dust would have made tonights sunset very very amazing if it were not for all the clouds!

ashg - 15/4/10 at 07:55 PM

did someone call my name. they have been talking about me stopping the planes all day on the telly. hahaha my evil plan is working.

blakep82 - 15/4/10 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
The dust is up very high in the atmosphere... if it rains we may get quite a bit... but otherwise its not going to snow down....

The dust would have made tonights sunset very very amazing if it were not for all the clouds!

what clouds?
Description
Description

think 10,000ft is higher than rain clouds isn't it?

Worzey - 15/4/10 at 08:51 PM

This is fallout from the Icelandic banking crisis which has lead to a a catastrophic international misunderstanding.

What Alistair Darling meant to tell Iceland was to send us the CASH now!!!!

se7en - 15/4/10 at 09:29 PM

What I cannot understand is, according to BBC news this morning, this ash is above 20,000 feet and aircraft normally fly above 30,000 feet, so why can the aircraft not fly below 20,000 feet at say 10,000 or 15,000 feet. I know that it is more economical for the planes to fly above 30,000 feet as the air is thinner, etc.

Tom

thunderace - 15/4/10 at 09:53 PM

we have it in cumbernauld its like a hair and about 3mm long i seen it falling around 5pm today and if you dont have a lot of wind you can clearly see it on your wiprt blades as they are black and it stand out heres a pic.

[Edited on 15/4/10 by thunderace]

blakep82 - 15/4/10 at 09:56 PM

that looks a bit rude

Big Stu - 15/4/10 at 09:57 PM

I am workin 90 miles north of shetland at the moment. This morning I was watching the carmera on the helideck it was the most amazing sunrise I have ever seen. Did not know the reason why at the time. Got a camera tonight so will take some shots if weather is good in the morning.

steve m - 15/4/10 at 10:32 PM

Ash Fu.....g ash

cancelled all my virgin flights bar 6. out of 32 today,

F iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg
nightmare

ATC pulled the plug on british airspace FOUR hours before reality set in

we could of of managed at least 6-7 more more depature's

at leas t we did not cancel the proggrame like BA

mad4x4 - 16/4/10 at 06:54 AM

Glorious day in Aberdeen here - Clear blue skys with not a cloud........ or a Plane.

Fozzie - 16/4/10 at 08:17 AM

Found this from the Met Office....
Click on the times above the picture, or let it run by clicking on the arrow ......

clicky thing

Fozzie

scootz - 16/4/10 at 10:56 AM

Did anyone see the news last night... where do they get the idiots to interview and why do they afford them air time (or at least not correct them, so the other idiots out there don't all nod in agreement!).

One pillock was moaning about the situation saying that it was ridiculous that flights were cancelled as the planes should just fly over or under the ash-plume!

Fozzie - 16/4/10 at 11:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Did anyone see the news last night... where do they get the idiots to interview and why do they afford them air time (or at least not correct them, so the other idiots out there don't all nod in agreement!).

One pillock was moaning about the situation saying that it was ridiculous that flights were cancelled as the planes should just fly over or under the ash-plume!

Yep ..... it's really scary that some people just,.... eerrmmmm..... so ignorant ....
As you say...not one person corrected the statement ... which is even more worrying ..

Fozzie

Guinness - 16/4/10 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Found this from the Met Office....
Click on the times above the picture, or let it run by clicking on the arrow ......

clicky thing

Fozzie

Wooo hooo! Missed me! I'm saved

Stott - 16/4/10 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by se7en
What I cannot understand is, according to BBC news this morning, this ash is above 20,000 feet and aircraft normally fly above 30,000 feet, so why can the aircraft not fly below 20,000 feet at say 10,000 or 15,000 feet. I know that it is more economical for the planes to fly above 30,000 feet as the air is thinner, etc.

Tom

quote:

Was it you they saw on the news se7en? lol, just kidding.......

scootz - 16/4/10 at 11:57 AM

Lol... and here's one of my countrymen letting himself down!

LINKY

se7en - 17/4/10 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stott
quote:
Originally posted by se7en

Tom

quote:

Was it you they saw on the news se7en? lol, just kidding.......

Nope! it wasn't me; I have an alibi, doesn't mean that I'm not a pillock

Tom

Fozzie - 19/4/10 at 08:57 AM

Cleaned/washed the cars at the weekend.....
Ysterday morning (Sunday) they both looked dusty.....this morning, they had a greenish/yellowish hue all over.....ran finger along the roof.......and it does appear to be like greenish/yellow talcum powder ....

Fozzie

Mix - 19/4/10 at 04:38 PM

Hi

That'll be pollen then won't it? - kind of common this time of year

Regards Mick

kipper - 19/4/10 at 05:33 PM

Some flights are getting through.........
the swallows arrived back here yesterday
Denis.

Fozzie - 19/4/10 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mix
Hi

That'll be pollen then won't it? - kind of common this time of year

Regards Mick

LOL......sounds as though it should be...but no...far too thick, and deffo dust .... never ever seen pollen in that density...or that 'texture' .....and...I live in a built up area....

Fozzie