Board logo

iPhone silicone protective covers
PSpirine - 24/8/10 at 06:56 PM

So my dad's got a iphone 3gs and asked me to get him a silicone bumper case (is that what they're called)? basically a protective thing for the back of it.

He just wants a plain black one - the ones in the apple store are 25 quid.

Can somebody recommend me one? I don't care about what brand it is but don't want to get one of the super cheapy ones off ebay as I've had bad experiences of such things for an ipod in the past.

What should I be paying for it? I don't mind getting the 25 quid one if that's how much they cost.

Need to either order one tonight, or buy one in a shop as I need it before Friday!

Cheers

Pavel

Flamez - 24/8/10 at 07:47 PM

O2 shop about a tenner

Kev99 - 24/8/10 at 07:47 PM

Somthing like this ?

case

Big Stu - 24/8/10 at 08:16 PM

Bit more expensive but I can highly recomend, dont think mines would have lasted nearly as long if I did have one.

Otter Box

I got the defender series one from amazon for about £30 dropped it several times onto hard sufaces and in a puddle with no problems.

[Edited on 24/8/10 by Big Stu]

Dangle_kt - 24/8/10 at 08:54 PM

I have the otter box, the big one that lets it survive drops from 3rd storey windows - its a bit bulky, and I realised I had free insurance cover, so now its naked and I love it!

speed8 - 24/8/10 at 09:18 PM

O2 shop, about 10-15 quid. They also have one thats like the tread on a tyre so at least keeping an automotive theme going

hobbsy - 25/8/10 at 10:48 AM

£1.89 posted for a tyre tread one on eBay. Seems fine to me. This is lcb after all!

Jasper - 25/8/10 at 10:52 AM

I've got the simple hard plastic back cover from Ebay, it's all it needs .... no scratches on mine at all and it lives in my pocket .

geoff shep - 31/8/10 at 07:28 PM

I have this one, although I usually use a hard case. The rubber one is great for non-slip and is very protective. It is less easy to slide out of a pocket, but on the other hand it stops it easily falling out (which apparently is the commonest form of water damage - iphones down the loo!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marware-SportGrip-iPhone-Black-silicone/dp/B001B4C12Y