Board logo

Torksey in Lincolnshire
jacko - 22/10/10 at 08:08 PM

Hi all i am stopping in Torksey soon for a few days is there any thing / place /pub's worth visiting good eating places etc
Any Kit car club meetings ?
Jacko

IanBrace - 22/10/10 at 08:55 PM

The Hulme arms in the village used to be good for grub... not been for years so it's probably either closed or crap now! Lincoln is a good night out tho and only a few miles away..

jossey - 22/10/10 at 09:27 PM

i tried organising a kit meeting close by but due to holidays a few people couldnt make it whenever we made it so i lost interest and got on with my build :O)

torksey lock is nice area but nothing exciting to do to be honest.

dave

PAUL FISHER - 22/10/10 at 09:38 PM

There's a couple of good golf course's, car boot sale every Wednesday afternoon, and apart from the pub, not much else.Don't bother going the few miles from there to Gainsborough its a dump.
There's the pyewipe Inn, just off the A57 on the right hand side as you go into Lincoln next to the cannal, nice place for a meal, there was a locostbuilders/kit car meet there every month a few years ago, but I am not sure if it still meets there

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Volvorsport - 22/10/10 at 10:06 PM

oi !! i work in gainsborough ....

your right its a dump - altho marshalls yard is not bad .

dont tell the missus tho - shes from gainsborough !!!.

if you fancy a night out or just some beers ill give you a tour , try the bailgate for food , especially thailand No1 , or even the brayford area , but will have lots of nubile students to put you off.

pyewipes not as good as it used to be , altho i havent been for a year or so .

royal oak in auburn supposedly has a monthly kit car meeting . i like it in there , we had our wedding reception there .

like i said give us a shout .

where you staying ? the old peoples retirement place ?