Board logo

OT : POLL Desire Petroleum
mad4x4 - 27/10/10 at 04:40 PM

So whats every one's take?

(Drilling for oil in Falklands)

[Edited on 27/1010/10 by mad4x4]

sickbag - 27/10/10 at 04:47 PM

I thought they said it wasn't of sufficient quality/quantity so they weren't going to bother. Or was that just to shut the Argies up at the time?

liam.mccaffrey - 27/10/10 at 05:06 PM

my mate made a lot of money off the back of rockhopper oil down there so i'd have to say yes

Big Stu - 27/10/10 at 05:09 PM

They will find oil and it will be viable but if thinking of investing be very careful of desire and rockhopper there has been some insider trading going on by the drilling team, on one occasion purposely perforating the well in the wrong place to drive the price down, according to my sources.

franky - 27/10/10 at 05:37 PM

there's a well known about of gas and oil in the falklands and surrounding seas. Why do you think we didn't give the islands back?

The problem has been that there's been easier oil/gas to get to so its made it commercially un-viable. However with modern technology we'll be keeping the islands for a few more years

[Edited on 27/10/10 by franky]

tegwin - 27/10/10 at 07:24 PM

quote:
we'll be keeping the islands for a few more years

And what exactly are we going to use to defend it from the argies?!?? No harriers this time

gingerprince - 27/10/10 at 11:10 PM

Don't know, but it's frustrating to watch what gains can be made in a day (I know they lost a load recently too) when I'm a holder of GKP! Will come good eventually though.

mad4x4 - 28/10/10 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
quote:
we'll be keeping the islands for a few more years

And what exactly are we going to use to defend it from the argies?!?? No harriers this time

It's ok we have a new attack sub parked(read "run aground" in KYLE of LOCHALSH (SKYE) with sonar that can see 3000Miles.... So we can at least see them comming....