raid4
raid4

raid3
raid3

Steve Hignett - 23/1/12 at 04:31 AM

Do much looting?

morcus - 23/1/12 at 04:37 AM

That must have been scary.

Did the coppers get them or did they wait till the balaclava men had gone?

Ninehigh - 23/1/12 at 04:56 AM

Well bloody hell why did I not think of doing that?

There's one of them things on this site

steve m - 23/1/12 at 05:10 AM

Sorry we woke you

I just made it back with out being caught !

john_p_b - 23/1/12 at 07:24 AM

well surely that wouldn't have attracted too much attention at 3am?!

owelly - 23/1/12 at 07:54 AM

I hope you and yours are all OK?
I hate being woken-up.

whitestu - 23/1/12 at 08:01 AM

It's amazing what people will do to get a pint of milk when the shop is shut!

MikeRJ - 23/1/12 at 08:28 AM

Don't ATMs have GPS trackers built into them now?

JoelP - 23/1/12 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Probably, but this is a common enough occurance that crims must have a way round it - probably a metal lined van to move it in. ISTR they can freezer it to stop the dye ruining the money.

Hope you are ok mark.

McLannahan - 23/1/12 at 09:03 AM

How quickly must they have got that out and off to not wake anyone?

I can't imagine that taking less than 4 or 5 minutes to load it onto something else?

I'm amazed at their "courage" in such a residential area?

SeaBass - 23/1/12 at 09:08 AM

Am I seeing things or is it not still sitting on the road in the last picture?

Did they make it away with any cash money?

JC

loggyboy - 23/1/12 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Thought they had dying systems too that instantly marked all the notes.

mookaloid - 23/1/12 at 09:31 AM

The photos were taken after they left. I don't think they would have appreciated me standing out there taking photos whilst they were on the job. It took the police about 20 mins to get there.

Mrs Mooky was woken by the first impact when they started to rip it out of the wall. we dialled 999 straight away and gave them a running commentary but the nearest manned Police Station is about 9 miles away so they were never going to catch them in the act.

They stole a 4x4 pickup with the JCB and took the strong box away on the pick up.

As far as I know they have got clean away.

Dangle_kt - 23/1/12 at 09:36 AM

"You were only meant to post the bladdy newspaper!"

Agriv8 - 23/1/12 at 09:55 AM

ram bolards didnt work then !!

Cant see any CCTV which suprises me.

ATB agriv8

mookaloid - 23/1/12 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

ATB agriv8

I don't think the village steam Powered genny supports CCTV

Irony - 23/1/12 at 10:06 AM

Those cashpoints are designed to stop people doing that. Either the cash will be covered in dye or burnt when they get it to where ever they took it.

A few years ago I was driving along the newark bypass and I passed a garage. I glanced into the forecourt and I thought I saw the cashpoint smoking. I slammed the brakes on and did a u-turn, I pulled into the garage and saw a man running off. The cash point seem to be melting from the inside. The screen and faceplate seemed to be going all gloopy do to the heat and steams of molten plastic were running down the front. I called 999 and they told me to leave immediately for my own safety. A later news report said the culprits put a large chain around the freestanding cashpoint and hooked it up to a Land Rover. All it did was set off a internal device that destroys the cash.

mikeb - 23/1/12 at 10:24 AM

Had this happen twice is my village, nice peaceful safe place, so was a big shock, both times they got clean away. Sad thing is after teh second time they didn't put a cash point back in so we now don't have one in the village.

Agriv8 - 23/1/12 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
quote:

ATB agriv8

must be a big jenny to support the brewery :-0 unless they have there own.

can imaging the shock for you this morning but look at it from their point of view

1 easy access to telli handler ( farms in the area )

2 nearest police hours away and there will be one panda car covering a LARGE area ( sunday night through early hours monday )

3 once the job is done they can get away un hindered due to the network of back roads in the area.

ATB Argiv8

mookaloid - 23/1/12 at 11:06 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
quote:

ATB agriv8

must be a big jenny to support the brewery :-0 unless they have there own.

can imaging the shock for you this morning but look at it from their point of view

1: easy access to telli handler ( farms in the area )

2: nearest police hours away and there will be one panda car covering a LARGE area ( sunday night through early hours monday )

3: once the job is done they can get away un hindered due to the network of back roads in the area.

ATB Argiv8

All true and if I'm honest - it's a wonder it's taken them this long

Peteff - 23/1/12 at 12:41 PM

Don't they realise it's a local shop for local people

They'd probably have made more with less risk selling the Telehoist.

[Edited on 23/1/12 by Peteff]

owelly - 23/1/12 at 12:51 PM

And didn't they realise, any rural atm will have been empty since 10pm on Saturday night. Still, they'll have lots of paying-in envelopes and a big roll of statement paper....

PSpirine - 23/1/12 at 01:03 PM

Your village ATM actually has cash in it?!?!

(or rather had..)

Ours feels like it's still on dial-up and can't connect half the time. Then when it does connect it turns out the only paper it can issue is a receipt!

A1 - 23/1/12 at 01:31 PM

im sure they have vibration alarms as well as all the dye and burning systems mentioned...its kinda a pointless way to make money...

loggyboy - 23/1/12 at 01:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A1
im sure they have vibration alarms as well as all the dye and burning systems mentioned...its kinda a pointless way to make money...

you mean 'not to make money'

ashg - 23/1/12 at 02:13 PM

oh well at least they have created a job for someone to come and fix the wall.

edit.

btw proper crimes are the ones you never hear about because the guys doing it are way to smart to ever be detected or draw attention to themselves.

these ATM thefts are essentially petty crimes usually committed by the local village idiots compared to proper organised crime.

[Edited on 23/1/2012 by ashg]

coozer - 23/1/12 at 02:14 PM

So, you've got your own back on the Coop for the noisy delivery drivers! Well done!

graememk - 23/1/12 at 02:22 PM

not that i would but if i were to do a job i'd hold up a car aution, must be more cash in one of those places after everyone has gone home.

Ninehigh - 23/1/12 at 03:08 PM

Set up a fake atm... Take down everyone's card number and PIN Saw it on The Real Hustle

A1 - 23/1/12 at 03:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by A1

you mean 'not to make money'

just keeping you on your toes!

eznfrank - 23/1/12 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Set up a fake atm... Take down everyone's card number and PIN Saw it on The Real Hustle
#

Ha, if you've seen it on The Real Hustle, you can be pretty certain it's never happened in real life. I'm a fraud investigator of around 10+ years experience and in my opinion most of what they feature on that show is just nonsense - all theoretically possible, just never happens in real life.

gottabedone - 23/1/12 at 05:39 PM

It's nice to know that masked men drove that digger into the side of your house and it took the old bill 20mins to turn up......from 9 miles away....at 3 in the morning. If they kept it down to 80, they would have got there in 6 mins! Good job that our masked men didn't decide that your car was a better suitable getaway car after using their digger to get into your place.

Glad you're all safe though

steve

mookaloid - 23/1/12 at 06:25 PM

Apparently the perps have had their collars felt today - not sure how yet but that's a bit of good news

bi22le - 23/1/12 at 07:31 PM

Not much of a get away vehicle.

"No officer, you are mistaken, that's my cash machine up there in the grabber. its up there to stop people nicking it!!"

motorcycle_mayhem - 23/1/12 at 07:51 PM

It won't be long until taking the anti-ram posts for scrap will be more valuable.

Man-hole covers are being stolen around these parts (or anything metallic, bolted down or not), with some very nasty and serious results.....

paulf - 23/1/12 at 10:24 PM

Our local building society was done the same way a few months ago, they managed to rip out the cash point along with the front of the building but made the mistake of using a range rover as the get away vehicle.The cash machine was found about 50 yards away presumably because it wouldn't fit in the rear hatch of the range rover which had been stolen locally a few days before.
Paul

Stott - 23/1/12 at 10:31 PM

BBC3 is showing "bizarre crimes" in 5 mins time showing a gang who used a digger to rob an ATM in a "quiet village"

loggyboy - 23/1/12 at 10:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
#

Ha, if you've seen it on The Real Hustle, you can be pretty certain it's never happened in real life. I'm a fraud investigator of around 10+ years experience and in my opinion most of what they feature on that show is just nonsense - all theoretically possible, just never happens in real life.

In this case it realy happened, long before the real hustle was ever broadcast there was a crimewatch or similar where some smart peeps had rented a shop, installed an ATM, set up a modem to send them all the details of anyone who used it, took a few weeks for the locals to start talking about how there was never any cash in it. Eventually they shut it down but not before they got away with quite a £1ks of money.

Ninehigh - 24/1/12 at 08:26 AM

And how many times has it taken that long for them to "get your details" that you wonder if someone's inside reading it?

Irony - 24/1/12 at 08:29 AM

If you want the 'REAL' hustle just read Frank Abignale's autobiography 'Catch me if you can'. The film version doesn't do the man justice. My favourite story was before the days of cash points when they used to have 'night safe deposit boxes' on the front of banks. Sometimes you can see still them on older banks. People came along and dropped their cash into a tube with a deposit slip etc. All Frank did was dress up as a bank security guard and stand there with a sign that said 'Night safe out of order, please leave deposits with the security guard'. His book claims he made about 68K US over three days IIRC.