Board logo

Kindle info needed.
lotusmadandy - 9/4/12 at 06:51 PM

Hi all,

I am after some info on a kindle e-reader guys.
I am looking at one on ebay for a good price but the listing says it is from
the USA. I have looked at his feedback and he has sold a lot of them,all
with good feedback. So,does anyone know if there are any differences between
an English and a US version?
Do they work fine here?
Sorry if this is a dumb question but i want to be sure before clicking the buy it now button.

Cheers

Andy.

austin man - 9/4/12 at 06:57 PM

import tax will be a gig difference cant advise on anything else, I use my Sony tablet for e books

lotusmadandy - 9/4/12 at 06:59 PM

Ah,i should have said that
the item is already in the UK but the listing
says that its from the US.

Andy

IanBrace - 9/4/12 at 07:35 PM

Shouldn't be any difference as they don't come with a mains charger just a usb lead... I wouldn't be without mine!

lotusmadandy - 9/4/12 at 07:45 PM

Thank you very much,i will
get it bought then

Andy

ashg - 9/4/12 at 09:45 PM

i buy a lot of stuff from simply electronics. they are based in the channel islands and some how there is a loop hole in the tax system meaning you can buy everything vat free shipped to the mainland.

http://electronics.simplyelectronics.net/search?currency=gbp&country=GB&w=kindle&asug=

a4gom - 10/4/12 at 07:06 PM

Be wary spending too much in the channel isles, it may be tax free but unless things have changed I think you'll find you have no protection if anything goes wrong, check the small print but most direct you straight to the manufacturer for faults etc.

Kindles are great but the design of the case is flawed, I'm on my third now, small cracks appear from the corners of the screen. I'm not rough with mine and have it in a pucka kindle case. In my opinion its due to the fact the corners are square not radius. There is plenty on the net about it and I got my last one replaced outside the 12 months warranty without any argument so they must know it's a problem.