Board logo

Recommend Me - Holiday cottage North Devon/Somerset
T66 - 19/4/12 at 07:28 PM

I have a week off the end of May, and rather than do a hotel 2 nighter, we quite fancy a SC cottage in Devon, only problem is the bookings all want a 7 night stop, but we only can do Monday to Friday.

Quite like the look of Ilfracombe, ie small harbour, boats, fish , beer, quaint etc

Any suggestions please

HowardB - 19/4/12 at 07:35 PM

once upon a time I would have said you cannot beat Helpful holidays, but they are not quite as good as they used to be. Having said that, still worth a quick gander linky-winky

hope that helps

afj - 19/4/12 at 08:05 PM

Illfracombe is a lovely place as is Combe Martin. But we stayed in a John fowler static caravan

tegwin - 19/4/12 at 08:27 PM

Probs not what your after but I have a house in Plymouth available if you can't find anything else. U2u for more info

twybrow - 19/4/12 at 10:25 PM

Does it have to be North coast? The south coast is arguably nicer, as it is less busy, and cheaper as a result. We recently stayed at my friends place just outside Salcombe (Soar Mill Cove) Salc ombe Retreat. I am sure they would do Mon-Fri...

T66 - 20/4/12 at 04:50 PM

Thanks for the replies, and the offers of properties folks. We are going to go through them next week when Im off work..