Board logo

Massive favor possibly needed Taunton > N.Yorks
RichardK - 16/4/13 at 11:37 AM

Hi gang, as most of you know I'm stuck on the other side of the planet and I think I'm going through some sort of mid life crisis which seems to be revolving around me trying to recreate the things I was so passionate about in my youth.

This is where it gets awkward, I was a huge fan of bmx freestyle and had a great bike, cost me a small fortune and worked hard to buy the shiney bits (sound familiar) any how the frame I had was a pretty rare one and I doubt any made it over to Oz unlike the Haro's which there are plenty.

Anyway, one has just turned up on eBay as part of a bike but I've no way of collecting it from Taunton, my son James is willing to bring it over when he visits at the end of June as surprisingly cycles are ok to fly and just part of your baggage allowance in weight.

My parents live in Knaresborough nr Harrogate and would store it I'm sure although not asked them!

So I wondered if anybody does this route regularly that could help me out?

P...L...E...A....S....E

Cheers

Rich

leon51274 - 16/4/13 at 12:01 PM

Now then Rich

I could if required organise a collection/delivery via fedex at flaxby. I have an account with them so it wouldn't be a problem to organise. The only issue i see is the bike would have to be fairly well packed to avoid damage, as we know next day couriers don't give the best attention to parcels!

Let me know if i can be of any help

Cheers
Leon

RichardK - 16/4/13 at 12:10 PM

Didn't think of that, thanks pal

I'll message you later as I've not caught up with you for a while.

Cheers

Rich

mookaloid - 16/4/13 at 12:19 PM

we need pictures of you doing tricks when you get it built

RichardK - 16/4/13 at 12:21 PM

That's a given!

If you're good I might post one when I was young!

leon51274 - 16/4/13 at 12:27 PM

For some reason, I just can't see you on a BMX! I think a video is a must!

RichardK - 16/4/13 at 12:31 PM

Agriv8 - 16/4/13 at 12:34 PM

Rich I can do Telford ( & surrounding area to Knarsbourogh for you ) but going further south than that I get a nose bleed.

ATB Agriv8

leon51274 - 16/4/13 at 12:37 PM

Is that a gimp mask?

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK

RichardK - 16/4/13 at 12:39 PM

Glad to see something don't change! You're still a knobhead! haha

mookaloid - 16/4/13 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK

Goodness haven't you grown

RichardK - 16/4/13 at 12:44 PM

Haha, all the comedians are out tonight, queue coozer

theduck - 16/4/13 at 04:13 PM

I am get it from Taunton to birmingham on 2nd may.

Barkalarr - 16/4/13 at 05:12 PM

You're not the only one... lol !!!
I built this a couple of years ago.

I looked like a right tonka riding it... I'm way too big for a BMX... but you don't think of that when you're building it, you just remember how cool they were back in the day.

Eventually sold it to a bloke who owns a garage - I think it might be the one on the wall in the TV program CAR SOS.

Worzey - 16/4/13 at 08:28 PM

I might be able to get it from the West Midlands to Harrogate.

I'm due in Coventry (so could detour) on the 5th/6th May and then off to Harrogate a few days later.

We could do a bike relay

coozer - 16/4/13 at 09:27 PM

Right then, I trunk up and down the A1/M1 a lot so if anyone can bring it to the services I can help...

theduck - 16/4/13 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
I might be able to get it from the West Midlands to Harrogate.

I'm due in Coventry (so could detour) on the 5th/6th May and then off to Harrogate a few days later.

We could do a bike relay

Isn't that stoneleigh?

I will be going to stoneleigh so if I do collect can pass on to next person there?

Worzey - 17/4/13 at 06:52 AM

I'd struggle to collect at Stoneleigh as (weather permitting) I'm hoping to take the Velocity. However, I'm back up for work a few days afterwards.

marc n - 17/4/13 at 07:53 AM

hi rich
if it gets to stoneleigh i can bring it back and store at work for you :-)
best bet is email or phone us at work as u2u s are an issue

cheers

marc

RichardK - 17/4/13 at 10:04 AM

Hey, thank you so much for all the offers of help, means so much to have mates like you lot.

I'll let you know how we get on with the bid.

Cheers

Rich