Board logo

Michael Schumacher
JohnH - 29/12/13 at 08:32 PM

Has anyone seen the new about Michael Schumacher ? He's had a skiing accident and has a head injury.

Sloan85 - 29/12/13 at 09:09 PM

Conflicting news reports out these. He is now "fighting for his life" according to Daily Mail.

David Jenkins - 29/12/13 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sloan85
He is now "fighting for his life" according to Daily Mail.

Not the most trustworthy news source...

...but I hope he'll be OK.

Note: according to the BBC News webpage his injuries are serious, but not life-threatening.

[Edited on 29/12/13 by David Jenkins]

speedyxjs - 29/12/13 at 09:30 PM

Hope he is ok. There have been enough car people
deaths in the last few months

Simon - 29/12/13 at 09:32 PM

He's fine is the impression I get!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25542340

ATB

Simon

jeffw - 29/12/13 at 09:44 PM

[Edited on 30/12/13 by jeffw]

Duncan36 - 29/12/13 at 09:46 PM

I wasn't a fan during his career but that was a sick comment.

The latest reports aren't looking good, the BBC link was from earlier today

me! - 29/12/13 at 09:59 PM

Not looking good I'm afraid

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25545993

iank - 29/12/13 at 09:59 PM

Seems to have suffered a bleed and is now in a coma, if the mirror is to be believed.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/michael-schumacher-live-updates-formula-2969745

perksy - 29/12/13 at 09:59 PM

The mans record as a winner can't be denied by anyone.

If he was a Brit everyone would be saying he was one of the best drivers they'd ever had the privilege of watching.

Personally i hope he is going to be ok and make a full recovery.

Sky are now saying he is in a coma (not sure if this is a medically induced one or not ?)

Fingers crossed here that it all turns out ok for him

steve m - 29/12/13 at 10:05 PM

I echo Perksy

although Mr Shue, is not my favourite, He was extremely good in his sport, and that can not be denied

Hope he pulls through, for all us real sport lovers,

Steve

CRAIGR - 29/12/13 at 10:10 PM

[Edited on 29/12/13 by CRAIGR]

twybrow - 29/12/13 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
Originally posted by JohnH
Coozer, for bleep sake move on........... Get a life.

I've got a life, just thank god its free..

Whether you like him it not, your comments are not needed and serve no purpose but to show your lack of humility. He is a father, a son, a brother. Try to remember that before you condemn him to death.

Duncan36 - 29/12/13 at 10:29 PM

Now I realise why you have 'village idiot' under your username. Your comments are childish and uncalled for.

jeffw - 29/12/13 at 10:32 PM

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111979

JoelP - 29/12/13 at 10:33 PM

Fingers crossed for him.

Don't worry about coozer, he's pissed by this time of day.

wombat - 29/12/13 at 10:47 PM

Latest report says his wife and son are by his side.

Enough said Coozer.

Hopley89 - 29/12/13 at 10:58 PM

Schumacher is an all time grate and always will be .. He was a brilliant in his prime
I just hope he gets better .. And all the best to his family

JohnH - 29/12/13 at 11:04 PM

He was the best and still is. Loved watching him race, was hopeful he would get one more win......... Wishing him a speedy recovery.

jeffw - 29/12/13 at 11:10 PM

[Edited on 30/12/13 by jeffw]

eddie99 - 29/12/13 at 11:12 PM

Very sad, I'm just hoping we all wake up to some better news

2013 has been bad enough for the Motorsport world!

Agriv8 - 29/12/13 at 11:13 PM

If he has had brain surgery he will be induced coma. He is still quite young and I would expect him still to keep healthy.

He was wearing a helmet and the injury still occured so it either a big fall or it was from the front.

Belive he was skiing with family so suspect them to be at his bedside.

Hope he gets better had a better view of the bloke after top gear appearance,

Agriv8

twybrow - 29/12/13 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Maybe I've missed something here, he has been reported on Sky news as having a serious cranial injury with a massive clot.. an expert has been flown in to look at the injury, not good news in anybodys book.

So it wasn't me who condemned him, maybe its the media, but I wouldn't expect anyone with that kind of injury to survive.

Now, I don't like the bloke, I didn't like him before so I'm not liking him now.

I just hope, for his and his family's sake theres no suffering.

Maybe the 'death' word was a bit off but there you go.

And, I don't go around calling people 'dick heads' or 'childish' for having an opinion.

Interesting that you have decided to delete your original post. Shame you didn't just keep your comments to yourself and save yourself the embarrassment.

Extreme Islamists have 'an opinion' - that doesn't mean that any of us have to like, appreciate or tolerate the way in which they express that opinion. You might also consider that someone calling you a dickhead is also expressing an opinion, and it seems you didn't like that too much.... Enough said.

Get well soon Schumacher. Let's finish 2013 with some good news for a change.

carpmart - 29/12/13 at 11:47 PM

Not a fan of him as an F1 driver, but respect him immensely as a human being! Check out his philanthropy activity, a VERY decent human being!

Coozer, hang your head in shame! Disgusting comment and attitude!

twybrow - 29/12/13 at 11:58 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
Maybe I've missed something here, he has been reported on Sky news as having a serious cranial injury with a massive clot.. an expert has been flown in to look at the injury, not good news in anybodys book.

So it wasn't me who condemned him, maybe its the media, but I wouldn't expect anyone with that kind of injury to survive.

Now, I don't like the bloke, I didn't like him before so I'm not liking him now.

I just hope, for his and his family's sake theres no suffering.

Maybe the 'death' word was a bit off but there you go.

And, I don't go around calling people 'dick heads' or 'childish' for having an opinion.

Interesting that you have decided to delete your original post. Shame you didn't just keep your comments to yourself and save yourself the embarrassment.

Extreme Islamists have 'an opinion' - that doesn't mean that any of us have to like, appreciate or tolerate the way in which they express that opinion. You might also consider that someone calling you a dickhead is also expressing an opinion, and it seems you didn't like that too much.... Enough said.

Get well soon Schumacher. Let's finish 2013 with some good news for a change.

I wish I hadnt bothered posting my thoughts and maybe if you all didnt like it you just ignored it.

You can call me what you like, I'm well above it, but you wont catch me going such levels.

Really? So you are just so 'above it' that you wouldn't make flippant comments despite being clearly out of order? Why post this then?

woodster - 30/12/13 at 12:11 AM

Hopefully coozers just been on the whiskey and tomorrow when he wakes up with the mother of all hangovers he'll read his posts and apologise ....... Fingers crossed that Michael gets well soon and thoughts go out to his poor family

coozer - 30/12/13 at 12:35 AM

No whiskey, or food, or anything since boxing day #ill, but deleted all me posts cause I feel like a right c*nt now.

craig1410 - 30/12/13 at 01:08 AM

quote:
No whiskey, or food, or anything since boxing day #ill, but deleted all me posts cause I feel like a right c*nt now.

I don't condone what you said earlier coozer but sounds like you've had a change of heart and I applaud you for that. I suggest we all draw a line under this now and direct our energies (if we feel so inclined) towards wishing Michael a full and speedy recovery.

I was never a fan of Schumi but respect and admire his achievements in F1. His competitive instinct may have pushed the limits of the rules at times but we are all flawed so we shouldn't be too quick to judge him. It would be a cruel irony indeed if he was seriously injured or killed having retired from 'dangerous' F1 to enjoy time with his family.

Come on Schumi, time for one of those blistering qualy laps you were famous for!

[Edited on 30/12/2013 by craig1410]

Hopley89 - 30/12/13 at 07:51 AM

Still not looking good for him
Yea his in a induced coma and will be for the next couple of days to monitor his brain pressure
And make sure he doesn't get another clot

Get well soon

craig1410 - 30/12/13 at 08:09 AM

He's clearly had a serious injury but so did Massa in 2009 and pulled through. Even worse was the terrible injury suffered by Maria de Villota and she made a remarkable recovery initially albeit died many months later from probable complications. We should remember that these are not normal people, they are super-fit, competitive men and women and their capacity for recovery is very high.

A positive mental attitude is key to overcome any challenge not just for the patient but also those supporting him.

russbost - 30/12/13 at 10:11 AM

The guy is a fighter, let's just hope for a full recovery.

britishtrident - 30/12/13 at 10:13 AM

It looks very serious I hope he pulls through but let's not make him out to be a saint .

theconrodkid - 30/12/13 at 10:29 AM

not looking good acording to the press confrence
pinkies crossed anyhow

ashg - 30/12/13 at 12:54 PM

I have met Michael on a couple of occasions and he is nothing other than a really nice bloke, friendly and polite. Coozer what you said was cold, mean and heartless I hope you feel bad about what you said.

Thoughts out to Michael and his family

slingshot2000 - 30/12/13 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
It looks very serious I hope he pulls through but let's not make him out to be a saint .

I agree, totally !

S2kPower - 30/12/13 at 01:06 PM

This guy is a good person to follow for an informed view of what's going on

https://twitter.com/former_f1doc

He mentioned yesterday that a 2nd operation wouldn't be a good sign at this point, which luckily hasn't happened

rusty nuts - 30/12/13 at 01:30 PM

My thoughts are with his family. I know how they feel.

S2kPower - 31/12/13 at 02:34 PM

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/tuesday-press-conference-take-1/

loggyboy - 8/1/14 at 11:29 AM

It seems his video camera confirms he was applying the rules when he had the accident. So those who assumed he would be skiing unsafely ...
Sadly a lot of people deleted their posts which I think is silly, but hey ho.

Heres to wishing him a speedy recovery.

craig1410 - 8/1/14 at 12:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
It seems his video camera confirms he was applying the rules when he had the accident. So those who assumed he would be skiing unsafely ...
Sadly a lot of people deleted their posts which I think is silly, but hey ho.

Heres to wishing him a speedy recovery.

I don't actually recall anyone on this thread saying he was skiing unsafely - maybe they did. I've read stories elsewhere about his helmet allegedly being cracked in 3 pieces and him doing 60MPH according to a witness but I never paid much heed tbh. He was off-piste but by the sounds of it only just, and my own view is that, as an experienced skier, that was his call to make. He's in a much better position to assess risk than any of us and probably a better skier than most if not all of us too.

Hopefully we'll get some more encouraging news soon of his gradual recovery. I would like to hear of him being woken up and being able to communicate normally with the doctors and his family soon. That's the next big milestone for me.