Board logo

Holland centre parks help
INDY BIRD - 31/12/14 at 10:10 AM

Hi all

I am looking at going to Holland centre parks next year and wondered if it's anything like the uk ones?

I go regular to the uk one and the kids love it not matter what the weather is doing,

But anyone had any holidays in Holland centre parks ie there a subtropical swimming pool ie same as uk or just a swimming pool?

And anybody have experience of the wet here in July / August ?

Only ask as it's quite a bit cheaper than the uk

Thanks for any help and happy New Years eve have a great night and new year to all

Sean

Norfolkluegojnr - 31/12/14 at 12:52 PM

Can't comment on the Dutch ones, but we've used the French ones and they're better if anything.

Apart from the French people

[Edited on 31/12/14 by Norfolkluegojnr]

ianhurley20 - 31/12/14 at 03:17 PM

We used the one near Amsterdam a few years ago, its the original one I believe and it was very good indeed. very similar to the layout at the Notts C Parcs site but better, much better than the Thetford one. If you do go for a cycle ride outside the site on the superb cycle tracks beware you will pass through some really lovely countryside adjacent to the inland sea called FlavoNature. Its a nudist area. My wife and children were rather surprised - as I was ;-)
I would definitely visit again

[Edited on 31/12/14 by ianhurley20]

Worzey - 31/12/14 at 03:22 PM

Been quite a few time to Netherlands and Belgium Centre Parcs.

Same as UK parks (if not better) and about a 1/3 of the UK cost.

My kids love crossing on the ferry as it feels like a proper holiday

Go for it!

INDY BIRD - 31/12/14 at 07:46 PM

Any site that's better than offers as here are a few in Holland, so looking for a bit more modern like the thetford refurbished cabins don't want basic and dated,

I'm not a snob just wanting a nice retreat

And yes it looks cheaper I'm going to thetford and Sheffield already but fancy somewhere in Europe

Sean