Board logo

Sentimental 40th birthday present ideas
bi22le - 5/3/21 at 09:08 PM

I'm looking for ideas for a 40th birthday present. It would be nice if it's a keep sake and not toy / gadget. Budget around £100.

Some things about him:

He loves cars

He owns a Sierra Cosworth Sapphire but it has not run for years and is in storage

He loves the idea of track days and driving fast but has never been on one

He is sentimental and a bit of a collector (so a hoarder!)

He likes things retro. Films, games consoles, culture

He likes hip hop, especially older stuff.

Married with a daughter

He is a paramedic and works really hard for his family. He busts a gut working extra hours, sorting out his house and looking after his mum.

I may have to steer you more if that doesn't help!

steve m - 5/3/21 at 09:52 PM

Ive survived covid medal 2020

shindha - 5/3/21 at 09:58 PM

40 a very tough milestone birthday to choose for how about an experience day something memorable - motoring or adventure!

Irony - 5/3/21 at 10:00 PM

Shameless plug for my shop.

Personalised Car Canvas

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a discount code.

[Edited on 5/3/21 by Irony]

loggyboy - 6/3/21 at 02:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony

Personalised Car Canvas

They look really nice. I assjme the aren't acctualy paints but are they digitally created or just digitally processed and then printed?

Irony - 6/3/21 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

Personalised Car Canvas

They look really nice. I assjme the aren't acctualy paints but are they digitally created or just digitally processed and then printed?

Exactly correct. My Photoshop skills are significantly better than my painting skills!

russbost - 6/3/21 at 12:41 PM

Sometimes several smaller gifts can be better than 1 big one Oli (Furore Products) does some "giant nut" drink/pen holders Linky

He also does a v8 engine card holder, but don't think he's advertising those at present - edited to correct! here's the link for the card holder Link

Something someone got me for my 60th I really appreciated was a "blue plaque" which you stick on the wall (I have mine on the garage) like the blue plaques on notable people's houses, but in Perspex - you get whatever you want printed on it, so it can be humorous, serious or whatever, I really loved mine & still get pleasure from seeing it every day as I go out to the garage!

[Edited on 6/3/21 by russbost]

jacko - 6/3/21 at 02:07 PM

How about a tankard engraved with his cosworth on it
I have a tankard with my old race cars on it it’s a keeper
Graham

02GF74 - 6/3/21 at 08:23 PM

For two of my friends 50th, I bought the full set of coins from the year of birth mounted in a frame with a small plaque stamped with name and dob.

Didn't cost a bob (see what I did there?) and both of them commented that it is the one gift they treasure.

It doesn't need to be expensive. If you want to be flash add a few notes.

bi22le - 7/3/21 at 09:08 AM

Thanks for the ideas all, plenty to go on.

Irony, your canvas look good, and look different to your usual photo onto canvas services.

I am unsure which route we will go as it's not all on me.

Irony - 7/3/21 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

Irony, your canvas look good, and look different to your usual photo onto canvas services.

This is the original thread I posted about my Etsy shop. Unfortunately I don't think its as profitable as it could be. Postage, packing and communications literally gobbles time up.Link

[Edited on 7/3/21 by Irony]

bi22le - 7/3/21 at 05:18 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

This is the original thread I posted about my Etsy shop. Unfortunately I don't think its as profitable as it could be. Postage, packing and communications literally gobbles time up.Link

[Edited on 7/3/21 by Irony]

I bet. Especially with something so personal. I wish you the best of luck with your business.