Board logo

Football
David Jenkins - 17/6/21 at 02:12 PM

gremlin1234 - 17/6/21 at 02:31 PM

heres a link to their championship
https://www.udt-global.com/about-the-challenge

though it amuses me that they have
"a showcase of emerging solutions. "
surely that exactly what they don't want to do ;-)

David Jenkins - 17/6/21 at 03:02 PM

I didn't realise that there was such a thing as submarine racing!

I was just being sarcastic...

tegwin - 17/6/21 at 03:47 PM

Haha, couldn't agree more.

russbost - 17/6/21 at 04:51 PM

I was going to post a pic of some paint drying, but really not even that interested!

David Jenkins - 17/6/21 at 04:55 PM

gremlin1234 - 17/6/21 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

I didn't realise that there was such a thing as submarine racing!

I was just being sarcastic...
my link is closer to 'underwater robot wars' but I thought it was close enough

Mr Whippy - 17/6/21 at 06:32 PM

I can honestly say I have no idea of even the rules apart from your not meant to handle the ball and its played in the winter.

steve m - 17/6/21 at 09:25 PM

well, i do like football, and cricket, and just because you knitting , crochet flower arranging loving guys, want to pansy about in your crinoline dress's so be it

Seriously mates, i do like football, but also appreciate that others dont, and have an equal amount of friends the same for both sides, as in Knitting patterns or Football

What i havnt got my head around is this underwater Radio controlled subermarine course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick205 - 18/6/21 at 10:45 AM

Never seen the buzz in football myself, but each to their own - there's plenty that do.

David Jenkins - 18/6/21 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
well, i do like football, and cricket, and just because you knitting , <etc>

Actually, I can sit down and watch cricket all day (much to my wife's disgust), but the football's the wrong shape...

Mr Whippy - 18/6/21 at 02:29 PM

I'm sure football is much more fun to play than watch although it must be up there with skydiving for injures going by the folk I know who play it. Never got this fantasy football thing seems mad

Worst office I ever worked in was one where everyone was into foootttbbballl and they spent hours debating rubbish couldn't move out there fast enough. Funnily enough I find folk who talk about cars all day in the office equally annoying as I know they couldn't even change a wheel and only quote top gear etc.

David Jenkins - 18/6/21 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I'm sure football is much more fun to play than watch although it must be up there with skydiving for injures going by the folk I know who play it. Never got this fantasy football thing seems mad

Worst office I ever worked in was one where everyone was into foootttbbballl and they spent hours debating rubbish couldn't move out there fast enough. Funnily enough I find folk who talk about cars all day in the office equally annoying as I know they couldn't even change a wheel and only quote top gear etc.

The last place I worked was like that - endless debates about football to the point of complete tedium. I ended up wearing headphones so that I could drown it out - and ended up being called anti-social!

As it happens, I've been to a few football matches and I have enjoyed them - I just hate it on TV, especially when the pundits prattle on for an hour after the match has finished.

steve m - 19/6/21 at 08:25 AM

After last nights dreadful embarrassing performance from England, i think i may have gone off football for a while !!

Mr Whippy - 19/6/21 at 08:56 AM