Board logo

KIT CAR ENTHUSIASTS IN BRAINTREE ESSEX OR CLOSE
stulad - 6/8/06 at 07:04 PM

Hi im living in Braintree and wondered if there is any kit builders in my area
im trying to build a minotaur :-
www.asci24.dsl.pipex.com/minotaur.htm and i just wanted to hook up with like minded ppl that could guide me or share knoledge.
this is my first kit and i think i couldnt have picked a worse 1 , the kit has now been taken over by Pilgrim so at some stage they will sort it out but for now i have no help and no instructions, im figuring everything out on my own literally.
i know it will be worth it in the end but it seems a long way away right now
this is why i posted here :- http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?action=bookmark&t=295178&h=0&f=30&p=
cheers stu

[Edited on 6/8/06 by stulad]

RazMan - 6/8/06 at 07:26 PM

Hi Stu, I am in Kelvedon so fairly close. My project is a middy which I have extensively modified from the original design. It is similar to the Minatoar in some ways. You are welcome to come round and have a look and discuss your build.

[Edited on 6-8-06 by RazMan]

stulad - 6/8/06 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RazMan
Hi Stu, I am in Kelvedon so fairly close. My project is a middy which I have extensively modified from the original design. It is similar to the Minatoar in some ways. You are welcome to come round and have a look and discuss your build.

would love to hook up , email me at stuosgood@gmail.com my inlaws used to live there now live at tiptree
cheers stu

DIY Si - 6/8/06 at 08:13 PM

A mid engined rear wheel drive car. Examples include lotus elisea and exige, mgf/tf and RazMan's aeon gt2. Have a look in his archive, it'll explain things.

stulad - 6/8/06 at 08:35 PM

ok got it.
didnt find his photos first time
just saw it said achive empty.
didnt click on headlight
thanks
stu

RazMan - 6/8/06 at 08:43 PM

Never did get the hang of uploading to my archive with these new fangled pooters

What stage in the build are you up to Stu?

numnuts - 6/8/06 at 09:51 PM

Hi i am in Silver end and have just finished Mnr vortx.

numnuts - 6/8/06 at 09:51 PM

Hi i am in Silver end and have just finished Mnr vortx.

Confused but excited. - 6/8/06 at 10:01 PM

Is there an echo on here now?

stulad - 7/8/06 at 09:39 AM

Raz your build looks very much like the kind of car im doing a middy and complicated did you look at my web pics (both pages)?

Click this for my Minotaur

mhh not sure how to answer the how far on i am.
i guess you can see that im a lot further on than when i bought a pile of bits a year ago. its a rolling chassis i have added rads and seats now , im trying to decide about door locks now. since then just doing body work as its cheep need to save for engine now. prob this one www.enginefactory.com/375hp.htm
so for now im just doing body work.
i want to paint it myself (i have sprayed cars in the past, not fiberglass)
i am waiting to talkk to someone about the new paints available and if i will be able to use them and spray at home in my garage .
i have also decided that there is no point in an external door latch and will just put an internal door latch and alarm the car , with key fob locking , maybe some kind of override,
nice looking car numnuts

[Edited on 7/8/06 by stulad]

rusty nuts - 7/8/06 at 08:50 PM

You could have met a few builders at 907s barbie yesterday near Clare not too far from you , bit late now but keep an eye on the club/ events section for future meets

stulad - 7/8/06 at 09:37 PM

ok will do thanks sorry i missed it was it good?

[Edited on 7/8/06 by stulad]