Board logo

I'm off to Italy!! (gloat)
TGR-ECOSSE - 29/6/07 at 04:10 PM

Sorry for posting this but my work mates threatened to do me in if i mentioned today the fact that i am now on holiday for 3 weeks!!! I fly out to Italy in the morning to a villa 70 miles north of Rome. No computers,no internet,no mobile phone,no working on cars and no rain just 3 weeks of relaxation It will take me a while to catch up on here when i get back Just need to get my driving in Italy head on

C ya
Ronnie

Ps Missing you already

Rudy - 29/6/07 at 04:16 PM

welcome to Italy!

FUORISERIE - 29/6/07 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TGR-ECOSSE Just need to get my driving in Italy head on

C ya
Ronnie

Ps Missing you already

Be careful. when driving.......we like to flash our high beams a lot on Highways....we are always in a hurry to nowhere.......

Have fun, and enjoy the food and your stay in italy....

Ciao
Italo

David Jenkins - 29/6/07 at 07:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FUORISERIE
we are always in a hurry to nowhere.......

The shortest measured interval of time is that split-second between the traffic light going green and the Italian sounding his horn behind you!

Only joking - I love Italy.

David Jenkins - 29/6/07 at 07:25 PM

Quite a few years ago I was crossing the main road that goes past the Colosseum in Rome... I just got to the central island as the lights when green and 5 lanes of Italians with their foot to the floor screamed towards me.

doughie - 29/6/07 at 07:50 PM

just come back from Venice - having had 3 weeks relaxation with the family sort of a break - FANTASTIC place and would recommend it to everyone

enjoy

MikeRJ - 29/6/07 at 08:34 PM

When I was in Monza quite a few years ago, I can remeber drivers behind getting quite irate because I had actualy stopped at a red light!

David Jenkins - 29/6/07 at 09:16 PM

BTW - I forgot to mention - I am insanely jealous that you're going to Italy and I'm not...

TGR-ECOSSE - 29/6/07 at 09:40 PM

Thanks to all. Driving in Italy is something else. I found if i drive like my wife does it helps. Last year i had a St Andrews cross flag flying from the roof and it seemed to delay them flashing and sounding their horns when i wasn't fast enough away from the lights. Someday i will try and go further north and visit Monza and Venice.
I'm off to bed now as i have to be at the airport for 5 o'clock.

Thanks Again

Ronnie

Mark Allanson - 29/6/07 at 09:47 PM

There is only one rule of driving in italy - avoid the cars in front (perpro the cars behind will avoid you) and give way to Ferrari's - thats two!

britishtrident - 30/6/07 at 10:41 AM

I am just back Lake Garda --- don't have to drive go everywhere by ferry.

Funny thing Italians at least in the north don't buy Fiat group anymore all you see on italian plates are VW, Audi, Jag.
Until just before the fall Rover sold quite well.

Refreshing change from the UK is very few oversized 4x4s even 3,000 metres up in the Dolomites.