Board logo

ZX12r through IVA Emissions with stock Exhaust / CAT ?
Tris - 14/2/11 at 02:06 PM

Hello All,

Does anyone have any experience of getting a ZX12 engine, running the stock bike can with the small internal CAT through the IVA emissions test ?

The reason i ask is that ive been told that even with a power commander, the small CAT that is built within the stock manifold would not be 'man enough' to meet the strict IVA emissions test, and it needs a larger CAT installing. Is this correct ?

Cheers
Tris

[Edited on 14/2/11 by Tris]

eznfrank - 14/2/11 at 02:30 PM

I'm not 100% sure of the answer to this but I'd be surprised if it passed with that. I suspect you would have noise issues too

adithorp - 14/2/11 at 02:55 PM

Te emmision test for bikes is not as strick as for cars and therefore the cats' don't need to be as big as on a car. As a result it's very unlikely that you'll pass IVA (or MOT) with just the bike cat'. I think several have tried and failed.

Breaker - 14/2/11 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Te emmision test for bikes is not as strick as for cars and therefore the cats' don't need to be as big as on a car. As a result it's very unlikely that you'll pass IVA (or MOT) with just the bike cat'. I think several have tried and failed.

If you use extra cat + standard zx12R can ; will it also pass noise test ?

eddbaz - 14/2/11 at 03:39 PM

I hired a silencer from mk, it has a double cat built in, still a bit of a struggle to get it through,I had the power commander mapped with an emissions map purely for the test.

adithorp - 14/2/11 at 04:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Breaker
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

If you use extra cat + standard zx12R can ; will it also pass noise test ?

Sorry, I don't know.