Board logo

MK Indy nose cone... radiator choice.
cps13 - 14/3/13 at 01:34 PM

My car fits MK Indy body work at the front (I think this is the same size as Ron Champion?!) I bought a polo radiator, the wider one of the two and it is too wide. Does anybody know if the narrower one will fit? i.e. SEAT AROSA 1997-2004 / VW LUPO / POLO 1994-2001 RADIATOR NEW - 2 YEAR WARRANTY | eBay

Or what rads have you fitted? Its for a silvertop locost.

Thanks all

Custardpants - 14/3/13 at 01:42 PM

I run the updated alloy rad MK sells and frankly it is too large, In addition to my engine electric pump barely ticking over I had to add blanking to the radiator - it is too big IMO and the car runs too cool. Have you thought about trying a hayabusa radiator?

Ben_Copeland - 14/3/13 at 02:00 PM

It's the narrower one you want. There's loads of people with them

britishtrident - 14/3/13 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Custardpants
I run the updated alloy rad MK sells and frankly it is too large, In addition to my engine electric pump barely ticking over I had to add blanking to the radiator - it is too big IMO and the car runs too cool. Have you thought about trying a hayabusa radiator?

Manufactures fit thermostats and by-pass connections for a reason the thermostat controls the cylinder head temperature within quite close limits and the by-pass keeps the bottom of the cylinders warm and avoids the formation of hot or cold spots.

renetom - 14/3/13 at 04:43 PM

Hi we used the small polo rad & it fits fine
The only thing was we had to cut off the small
plastic outlet on the top left hand side, just araldited a
self tapper in the hole
good luck
René

Waterworks R1 Indy
Waterworks R1 Indy

Custardpants - 14/3/13 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
Originally posted by Custardpants

Manufactures fit thermostats and by-pass connections for a reason the thermostat controls the cylinder head temperature within quite close limits and the by-pass keeps the bottom of the cylinders warm and avoids the formation of hot or cold spots.

Entirely true, but doesn't it make sense to fit a smaller lighter radiator to save weight rather than fit one which is too big, and then rely on the thermostat to do all the work. Perhaps a CEC might not have any issues though....