Board logo

Duratec 30 / Jag V6 bare weight kg??
KFC - 11/11/14 at 08:27 PM

Get all,
I'm doing an engine conversion on a Mazda RX8 and do have a mock up 2.5L V6 that I plan on putting in but asked the question about the best way to get more power out of it, turbo, stroking it or supercharging it.
Someone mentioned about putting a 3.0L in as it would be a cheaper option. I measured some key points on a jag V6 that are critical on my build, the difference is next to nothing so when people say the klde engine is tiny, it's only millimetres different at key points. What I don't know is the bare weight of the duratec or jag V6 3.0L. The KL is 105kg bare, sump, manifolds, ignition, looms, pipe work the lot. Has anyone weighed their engine? I'm looking at a honda V6 3.0L as well. I want to make the right decision. The aim of the power range I would like is 240bhp to 275bhp, not 190bhp.

This klde is about to be weighed sitting on jacks without the sump, bare.

Bare klde engine.

klde rear

Jag V6 3.0L S-type

[Edited on 11/11/14 by KFC]

40inches - 11/11/14 at 11:46 PM

I weighed mine in at 140 kilos with some ancillaries, I have stripped the engine back now. If I weigh what I have taken off, then deduct from the 140, would that be OK for you?
To be honest, if the difference is, say, 20/30 kilos I think the 240bhp and 220ish torques would more than take care of it

40inches - 12/11/14 at 02:17 PM

I have weighed everything that I removed, the total was 16 kg = 124 kg
However, the engine still has the sump and lower injection manifold/fuel rail fitted, another 8/10 kg?
Looking at your photo of the KLDE, my AJ30 still has the cam chains and front cover fitted, although the cover is Magnesium, so not much weight there.

[Edited on 12-11-14 by 40inches]

v8kid - 12/11/14 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
However, the engine still has the sump and lower injection manifold/fuel rail fitted, another 8/10 kg?
Looking at your photo of the KLDE, my AJ30 still has the cam chains and front cover fitted, although the cover is Magnesium, so not much weight there.

Plus the flywheel/flexplate weight to be deducted!

Not much difference in the weights really

Cheers!

KFC - 12/11/14 at 03:35 PM

quote:

Ah that's brilliant! Thanks very much! I'll weigh my crank pulley and can belt assy with the sump to see what I get, I think it will be around the 115kg mark. A good datum.
Thanks again. Oh, are you using megasquirt management to run it? Will you be able to adjust the rpm where the vtec or valve timing come on?

KFC - 12/11/14 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
quote:

Plus the flywheel/flexplate weight to be deducted!

Not much difference in the weights really

Cheers!

What, mine or the Jag? I never weighed the jag V6 that you see in the piucture. For my klde I weighed the timing belt assy/ pulleys ect, sump and crank pulley. So my original weight was 105kg and the added weight is 7.9kg, that makes it rounded up to 113kg. There's nothing on the engine, no thermostat housing, flywheel. What is included in the photo is the timing belt assy/ pulleys ect, sump and crank pulley.

KFC - 12/11/14 at 10:01 PM

quote:
I weighed mine in at 140 kilos with some ancillaries, I have stripped the engine back now. If I weigh what I have taken off, then deduct from the 140, would that be OK for you?
To be honest, if the difference is, say, 20/30 kilos I think the 240bhp and 220ish torques would more than take care of it

Yeah, agreed, 10 to 20 kgs more with a difference of 50 to 60 bhp!!

DIY Si - 13/11/14 at 07:06 PM

Since you won't be wanting your underpowered KLDE any more, I'll give you a tenner to take it off your hands!

KFC - 13/11/14 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
Since you won't be wanting your underpowered KLDE any more, I'll give you a tenner to take it off your hands!

I paid £100 for it and it has 195psi accross the board so it's a good one, no thanks cheapo! Ha ha. I'm keeping it now as I found a fundamental problem engine mounting points! Way too high on both 3.0L engines. Exhaust can not be fitted as well.

KFC - 13/11/14 at 10:50 PM

quote:

I have to keep the klde now, this is why.

This is where the mounting plates are going because of the exhaust manifold and available threaded holes.

This is the Jag engine with the same position.

[img][/img]

v8kid - 14/11/14 at 03:43 AM

What's wrong with the four holes just above?

KFC - 14/11/14 at 07:06 AM

quote:
What's wrong with the four holes just above?

The mount is directly in the way of the exhaust manifold and the threaded holes are all above the 3 holes of the engine mount. I've made wooden mock up adapter plates to bolt on the engine then the factory mount bolts into the plate. My design has all the engine threaded holes in between the 3 mount holes, the 3.0L jag or honda has the threaded holes above and outside the 3 engine mount holes. Way too springy and unsafe, bad engineering practice. Just wouldn't work. I'll do another sketch to show what I mean.

[Edited on 14/11/14 by KFC]

Nickp - 14/11/14 at 07:20 AM

TBH it doesn't look like good engineering practice to have the engine mounts as low as you're proposing on the KLDE. I reckon you'll need an extra mount or 2 towards the top of the engine to stop it from trying to rip itself off its mounts
Personally I'd go Jag and make heavy steel adaptor plates (6mm+) that extend down to where you need them.

[Edited on 14/11/14 by Nickp]

40inches - 14/11/14 at 09:13 AM

Not sure what you mean about the mounts, the standard Jag brackets are ally (light) and with the original hydraulic mounts are pretty low.

KFC - 14/11/14 at 09:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
TBH it doesn't look like good engineering practice to have the engine mounts as low as you're proposing on the KLDE. I reckon you'll need an extra mount or 2 towards the top of the engine to stop it from trying to rip itself off its mounts
Personally I'd go Jag and make heavy steel adaptor plates (6mm+) that extend down to where you need them.

If you mean me, KFC (Kev From Canada) then the adapter plates would be 290mm long? That doesn't sound good to me. I just thought if it would fit the same then I would change it. I have a lot of parts made for the klde, a lot of work to change it for more power when the alternative would be bolting on a supercharger.

DIY Si - 14/11/14 at 09:31 AM

How steep are your planned mounts? Whilst not ideal, I had to fit my mounts roughly as low as yours, but mine are quite steep in an attempt to control the engine.

I also don't have much choice over where to fit the mounts, as I am rather limited on space in my Sprite. At least the KL has a good stiff block that can let you get away with something other than ideal for the mounts. Equally, I won't be too surprised if I have to fit another mount somewhere near the top of the block.

KFC - 14/11/14 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Not sure what you mean about the mounts, the standard Jag brackets are ally (light) and with the original hydraulic mounts are pretty low.

That looks nice but I'm not re-designing my engine mounts, if I was starting from scratch or minimal mods to what I've already done then I would. My chassis av mount will sit around 170mm to 200mm below those. It would mean a lot of work to sort it on the RX8 chassis. I might have to run a strut brace further up the engine to compensated for my low mounts. Where did you get that exhaust? Looks a nice tidy configuration!

40inches - 14/11/14 at 08:25 PM

Manifold from here, ebay

v8kid - 15/11/14 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Manifold from here, ebay

Can't find it there how much was it?

Cheers!

40inches - 15/11/14 at 10:50 AM

quote:
quote:
Manifold from here, ebay

Can't find it there how much was it?

Cheers!

£199 delivered. eBay
Can't find any for the S-Type, but all the parts are there to modify. A problem with the S-Type is that the oil filter mounting is used as an engine mounting So either the oil filter needs to be remotely mounted, or use the S-Type cast iron manifolds.
I went for the Bling factor

v8kid - 15/11/14 at 11:15 AM

Ha! You anticipated my next question my thoughts were similar.

1. Is the 2.5 manifold big enough (pipe diameter) for the 3.0 and are the exhaust ports the same size - I assume so

2. Are you going to be plumbing in an oil cooler? The jag has a thermostatically controlled one but that is when it is dragging a heavy body about - does it really need an oil cooler for a lighter car? I.E. Can i not bother with the oil cooler.

3. The mounting that's used as an oil filter connection has 3 bolts one of which appears to be the oil connection by the size of it ( I haven't taken it off yet) I planned to use one of the A/C mounting holes as 2 fixings seemed to be to be too few. Thoughts?

Cheers!

KFC - 15/11/14 at 11:17 AM

I think most transverse mounted engine converted to longitudinal you'll have problems. I have to remote mount my oil filter housing on the klde.
Right...... Garage time...

40inches - 15/11/14 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Ha! You anticipated my next question my thoughts were similar.

1. Is the 2.5 manifold big enough (pipe diameter) for the 3.0 and are the exhaust ports the same size - I assume so

2. Are you going to be plumbing in an oil cooler? The jag has a thermostatically controlled one but that is when it is dragging a heavy body about - does it really need an oil cooler for a lighter car? I.E. Can i not bother with the oil cooler.

3. The mounting that's used as an oil filter connection has 3 bolts one of which appears to be the oil connection by the size of it ( I haven't taken it off yet) I planned to use one of the A/C mounting holes as 2 fixings seemed to be to be too few. Thoughts?

Cheers!

The exhaust ports are the same, and primaries are 38mm into 50mm so more than enough for 1.5 litres a side
Not sure about an oil cooler, wouldn't think it will need one, but I am fitting an oil temp gauge, just to be sure.
I have used the original filter based mount, but have cut off the oil cooler/filter housing and threaded the ports to take
1/2 BSPP fittings. You can see the connections in the photo between the mount and exhaust down pipe.
Good luck unscrewing the large banjo bolt on the engine mount. That is one tight mother

KFC - 16/11/14 at 01:10 PM

quote:
How steep are your planned mounts? Whilst not ideal, I had to fit my mounts roughly as low as yours, but mine are quite steep in an attempt to control the engine.

I also don't have much choice over where to fit the mounts, as I am rather limited on space in my Sprite. At least the KL has a good stiff block that can let you get away with something other than ideal for the mounts. Equally, I won't be too surprised if I have to fit another mount somewhere near the top of the block.

This my mock up adapter plate in wood that will be finalized in ally. You can see how low they are so I probably will need a top strut brace to help support the engine vibration. I can't change the height of of where the mount bolts onto the av mount.

Ugg10 - 16/11/14 at 03:42 PM

If you have access to a cad system and can draw this up then I can recommend Lasermaster in Redruth to get it cut. I have access to autocad, this has a feature for importing images so for my mounts I scanned the card template part with a ruler in the image, cropped the image to a set dimension, imported it, scaled it and then drew around it. Just send of the dwg file, qoted in a couple of days, part arrived within the week. Great service.

Gearbox mount, two engine mount plates, two large washers (part of engine mount assembly), infill parts for exhaust/collector welding - 5mm mild steel

Inlet throttle body adapter plate - 10mm aluminium

DIY Si - 16/11/14 at 08:52 PM

Do you have to use the big ally blocks/mounts? Are they integral to the AV mount you have to use? If they can be replaced somehow you could use a mount shaped something like mine, but higher up on the block.

KFC - 16/11/14 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Do you have to use the big ally blocks/mounts? Are they integral to the AV mount you have to use? If they can be replaced somehow you could use a mount shaped something like mine, but higher up on the block.

They are expensive to replace. I have to use them as it's easier and the steering column is badly placed for this mod. The gap at the minimum between the column and the mount is 30mm.

The subframe is heavily corroded as they seem to be.

v8kid - 16/11/14 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Good luck unscrewing the large banjo bolt on the engine mount. That is one tight mother

You are not kidding I just sheared a halfords pro 0.5" extension with the strongarm getting it off. Anyhow good tips I think I'll copy you
Cheers!

DIY Si - 17/11/14 at 08:51 AM

Given that you're looking at a plate on a mount onto an AV mount, I'd do away with all three and make something better/less complicated. Can the bit that bolts to the subframe be easily removed? If that were replaced with a poly bush type mount you'd get a better angle up to the block or maybe go higher up the block and still clear the column. The other option is to have something like the existing AV mount, but angled in towards the engine. That would give much better clearance and allow you to angle it up the block. It would also lessen the twisting motion put into the mounts as they are now as the force would go more directly into the rail rather than above it.

OK, it would mean the money you've spent so far is wasted unless you can sell the bits on, but it's what I think I'd do with that set up. It's a cleaner solution and works round the problems so far.

KFC - 17/11/14 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Given that you're looking at a plate on a mount onto an AV mount, I'd do away with all three and make something better/less complicated. Can the bit that bolts to the subframe be easily removed? If that were replaced with a poly bush type mount you'd get a better angle up to the block or maybe go higher up the block and still clear the column. The other option is to have something like the existing AV mount, but angled in towards the engine. That would give much better clearance and allow you to angle it up the block. It would also lessen the twisting motion put into the mounts as they are now as the force would go more directly into the rail rather than above it.

OK, it would mean the money you've spent so far is wasted unless you can sell the bits on, but it's what I think I'd do with that set up. It's a cleaner solution and works round the problems so far.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea but the hours involved with that alone is far too much for me. With all the other mods to get where I am now I'm guessing it would be at least 100 hours. I want to drive this car by the spring, not be an ongoing project. I really enjoy the challange and at the same time knowing I'll be driving it soon is exciting. I want this to be a conversion that will use as many standard parts as possible so that maybe others can do it well, sell my adapter kits.

Anyway, I think we should get back to the thread title, how about a supercharger?

v8kid - 17/11/14 at 01:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KFC
Anyway, I think we should get back to the thread title, how about a supercharger?

This thread has wandered so much I've lost the plot as well The title was jag V6 weight !

Cheers!

KFC - 17/11/14 at 03:33 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KFC

This thread has wandered so much I've lost the plot as well The title was jag V6 weight !

Cheers!

Oh yeah, I might have another thread about more power, displacement..

DIY Si - 18/11/14 at 06:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KFC
quote:

Yeah that sounds like a good idea but the hours involved with that alone is far too much for me. With all the other mods to get where I am now I'm guessing it would be at least 100 hours. I want to drive this car by the spring, not be an ongoing project. I really enjoy the challange and at the same time knowing I'll be driving it soon is exciting. I want this to be a conversion that will use as many standard parts as possible so that maybe others can do it well, sell my adapter kits.

In which case, I would get it going as it is and then look at improving the design down the road. Just don't expect to sell too many kits if others can look at something and see a way to simplify things, as that's what they'll do. Any kit needs to make doing it another way cost more or folk will just do it the other way. It's part of why I never looked at buying in my ITB set up. Most things that I can buy, I can make at least as well as I view my time as free, whilst others will quite rightly want paying for theirs! This means I can do things like spend hours port matching in a way that you just wouldn't pay someone else to do for such marginal gains.

And 100 hours is nothing!! I've probably spent near that that just researching bits for my front suspension before I put angle grinder to metal. I know my rear suspension has taken at least twice that, if not way more. But counting hours is dangerous on a hobby!!

KFC - 18/11/14 at 10:25 PM

True but I don't want to spend all my time in the garage like I am at the moment, I do like other fun in my life. The only kits I want to have a go at selling is the RX8 gearbox to klde V6 adapter plate with moded flywheel to complete the pairing.

DIY Si - 19/11/14 at 01:03 PM

In which case I wish you the best of luck!

CosKev3 - 19/3/19 at 10:30 AM

Just weighed the AJ30 going in my car
Engine with sump on,
ST200 inlet manifold,
Small denso alternator,
ST200 solid flywheel,
RX8 gearbox adapter plate,

130kg.

Engine complete with 6 speed RX8 gearbox and updated Mondeo 240mm clutch,

183kg.

Engine with Denso alternator on,

119.7kg.

[Edited on 19/3/19 by CosKev3]

spegru - 4/3/21 at 08:33 AM

so pleased to find this data as this AJ30/RX8 combo is almost exactly what I have nfor my Gilbern Invader.
What I'd really like is some relaible weight data on the original setup which was Ford Essex & Type F box.

PS what 'update' did you do to the clutch flywheel for the Jag/Mazda combo?

[Edited on 4/3/21 by spegru]

CosKev3 - 4/3/21 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spegru
so pleased to find this data as this AJ30/RX8 combo is almost exactly what I have nfor my Gilbern Invader.
What I'd really like is some relaible weight data on the original setup which was Ford Essex & Type F box.

PS what 'update' did you do to the clutch flywheel for the Jag/Mazda combo?

Cut the starter ring gear off the AJ30 auto flywheel,had the ST200 ring gear machined down into a 4mm spacer then fitted the AJ30 ring gear onto the ST200 flywheel, you can then use the AJ30 starter.

The other way which big_wasa off here has done is swap the bendix out of a Ford starter into the AJ30 starter,then redrill the RX8 adapter plate to move the starter motor inwards so it works with the standard ST200 flywheel

rusty nuts - 5/3/21 at 07:15 AM

Gilbert Invader, there’s a blast from the past. The first kit car I ever helped build around 1971 , much nicer than a Reliant Scimitar . Good luck with your conversion

spegru - 5/3/21 at 10:06 AM

Thanks for the thoughts Rustynuts. I don't know whether there is any way to tell if it was originally a kit or not - but it certainly is now!
In fact it has replaced my Scimitar - which I thought was a bit too big and heavy.

CosKev3 did you use a standard dual mass flywheel? I'm unclear if an ST200 is any different to be honest

thanks

spegru

PS you can see me messing around with this project here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spegru%27s+garage

CosKev3 - 5/3/21 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Thanks for the thoughts Rustynuts. I don't know whether there is any way to tell if it was originally a kit or not - but it certainly is now!
In fact it has replaced my Scimitar - which I thought was a bit too big and heavy.

CosKev3 did you use a standard dual mass flywheel? I'm unclear if an ST200 is any different to be honest

thanks

spegru

PS you can see me messing around with this project here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spegru%27s+garage

No ST200 is a solid flywheel and way lighter than a dual mass

spegru - 7/3/21 at 07:18 PM

Thanks coskev3

To be honest I'm quite unfamiliar with these so I just did a quick search on ebay
I found this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BF-FLYWHEEL-BRAND-NEW-20090225661/284180011393?fits=Model%3AMondeo%7CCars+Type%3A2.5+ST+200&epid=12028232024&hash=i tem422a72d981:g:sLcAAOSwyahgJEAA

Does that seem correct?

thanks
spegru

big_wasa - 7/3/21 at 09:02 PM

It doesn't look correct to me. But it's a bit hard with the info on there.

CosKev3 - 8/3/21 at 02:47 PM

It states it weighs 32kgs!

As above unless they can send you pics of the exact flywheel its hard to say

mgb281 - 17/3/21 at 08:00 PM

The generally accepted weight of a 3.0 Essex engine is 400 lbs, some sources say 379lbs. To put it into perspective the weight of a 1990's Ford 302 V8 is circa 425lbs complete less fluids.

big_wasa - 17/3/21 at 08:38 PM

Wonder what a Cologne weighs ?

That’s what mine will be replacing.

big_wasa - 17/3/21 at 08:44 PM

So the Duratec 30 isn’t much heavier than a Zetec. Felt like it pulling it out of the mondeo.

mgb281 - 17/3/21 at 08:51 PM

The Cologne is lighter than the Essex, bear in mind the Essex was originally designed to have a diesel version, again the weights are all over the place, some will be for OHV and others OHC but 365lbs is a good figure to use.

spegru - 18/3/21 at 12:20 PM

I just invested in a weight scal to attach to my engine crane.

So I can confim the weight of the AJ6 complete with Alternator, AC compressor large Jaguar inlet manifold but no flywheel per se (only an auto box starter plate) - plus the RX8 adaptor plate previously discussed

162.5kg

I also weighed the R8 6 speed gearbox
42.8kg

mgb281 - 19/3/21 at 09:00 PM

I think that you will find that either a five or six speed RX8 gearbox will weigh 50kgs, I have weighed several on different scales and they have always weighed 49/50/51 kgs. The variation maybe the scales or just some had oil and others did not.

big_wasa - 19/3/21 at 09:27 PM

I weighed my 5 spd at 47 kg with no oil on the bathroom scales.

spegru - 20/3/21 at 03:17 PM

I just retested the gearbox on some other scales and got 42.6kg. There is no oil in it though.
Not sure of the oil capacity, but I doubt it's going to be enough to make the difference.
I can't explain this......

mgb281 - 21/3/21 at 09:45 AM

Is the 42 kg one a post 2009 gearbox made by Mazda rather than Aisin?

spegru - 21/3/21 at 11:47 AM

It says Aisin on the side. Dont know the year ,,,

mgb281 - 21/3/21 at 12:19 PM

I built up a collection of RX8 gearboxes when they were £50 cheap and because I was putting one into a MGB I weighed both 5 & 6 speed versions and they were identical in weight. I also weighed the MGB OD gearbox and it was also 50kgs which is correct so my scales are accurate. It could just be a variation in year of manufacture.

big_wasa - 21/3/21 at 02:43 PM

Mine at 47kg that would include the prop shaft knuckle, slave cylinder, clutch fork, thrust bearing and gear shift minus the knob.

spegru - 21/3/21 at 07:25 PM

no propshaft, clutch fork, bearing or slave, but there is a gearlever without knob
(hmm I hadnt thought of the fork - that's a part i'll need)

EDIT: in fact the clutch fork and release bearing are fitted

[Edited on 21/3/21 by spegru]

[Edited on 22/3/21 by spegru]

spegru - 22/3/21 at 06:44 PM

I received a delivery of a Jag Dual mass flywheel today. To my surprise the starter engages perfectly using the ebay adaptor plate. Why was I surprised? I don't know really!
The weight of the whole clutch assembly was ~20kg

big_wasa - 22/3/21 at 09:01 PM

what clutch plate will you use ?
I hate dual mass flywheels I’ve never bought one that wasn’t knackered

spegru - 24/3/21 at 07:35 PM

Ive bought a standard RX8 one off ebay. It might arrive tomorrow....

The dual mass flywheel seems ok, although I've no real experiencew with them. ~1cm rotational slack. Still it was cheap enough for a trial

By the way what you you use for a clutch slave cylinder considering the engine gets in the way of th standard one? I've got it fixed using just one of the two bolts right now but not that happy about it

[Edited on 24/3/21 by spegru]

spegru - 25/3/21 at 03:56 PM

Ive got the RX8 clutch plate and it looks fine. Same diameter as the Jag/Ford one. Obviously it also fits the Mazda gearbox
This is what I bought: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Centre-Plate-fits-MAZDA-RX8-1-3-03-to-12-13B-MSP-6-Speed-MTM-236mm-ADL/333845171192?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&am p;_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Pretty expensive I thought actually.....

But in order to assemble everything I need the flywheel bolt torque setting figure.

(Seems a nightmare to search for this and TBH the LB internal search function never works for me at all)

While I am at it I also need advice on slave cylinders and how to thread the oil filter take off/LH engine mounting

Advice appreciated

spegru

CosKev3 - 25/3/21 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Ive got the RX8 clutch plate and it looks fine. Same diameter as the Jag/Ford one. Obviously it also fits the Mazda gearbox
This is what I bought: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Centre-Plate-fits-MAZDA-RX8-1-3-03-to-12-13B-MSP-6-Speed-MTM-236mm-ADL/333845171192?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&am p;_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Pretty expensive I thought actually.....

But in order to assemble everything I need the flywheel bolt torque setting figure.

(Seems a nightmare to search for this and TBH the LB internal search function never works for me at all)

While I am at it I also need advice on slave cylinders and how to thread the oil filter take off/LH engine mounting

Advice appreciated

spegru

Slave cylinder I use a Mazda6 V6 one,you just need to remove some casting lines on the passenger side head of the AJ30.

Oil filter I use a remote set up,I've cut the engine mount up and welded on AN10 fittings.

spegru - 25/3/21 at 06:51 PM

Thanks for that. Ive gone with 115 kg/m oiled with loctite - I hope thats sufficient: it's pretty tight!

For the slave I see on ebay some v6 types but there appear to have offset mounting holes? Could you provide slightly more detail? (or a link ;-) ?)
For the oil filter, is the AN30 the same as your typical Mocal setup? I was thinking of a double ended adaptor threaded into the alloy bit rather than welding... Actually It would be interesting toi see your LH engine mounting - Ive made up a steel box for the alloy thing, that bolts on in several places....

s

Oddified - 25/3/21 at 09:03 PM

For my remote oil take off, i used the Mocal plate and machined up a double ended adaptor stub (3/4" unf into the Mocal and M22 into the block). Whilst my engine is a the ST220 version of the duratec, the blocks are the same.

spegru - 1/4/21 at 10:15 AM

Thanks Oddified (I'm following you on Youtube BTW)

[Edited on 1/4/21 by spegru]