Board logo

Stoneleigh
Myke 2463 - 29/8/21 at 06:15 PM

To all who have attended this year what did you think and any suggestions to improve ? nothing to do with me just askin out od interested.

adithorp - 29/8/21 at 06:20 PM

Several comments here already...
https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=218761

big_wasa - 30/8/21 at 08:24 AM

It was good to see you and catch up Myke and once again a big thanks to the East Anglia Kitcar club for letting me tag along. It made the day for me driving into the show in convoy.

“Well I went Sunday. I had a wonder about. A chat with a few old faces and a few new. I enjoyed getting out, I enjoyed driving into the show in convoy.

Would I drive the 220 mile ( inc a detour ) round trip in a kit next year for what there was this year, maybe not. But I would give Newark another go being much nearer.

I also would not take the family in a tin top. A family of four at the on the gate price for what there was I would have been extremely peeved.

Parts wise I couldn’t find the one very simple thing that I wanted “

JC - 31/8/21 at 05:54 AM

Well my idea isn’t about improving Stoneleigh, it’s about making something different.

Something based at a hill climb venue, like a mini festival of speed! At various points in the day/weekend there could be a ‘run what you brung’, a moving motor show and a king of the hill challenge to add some serious action. I think that making the event more interactive is the way ahead.

That’s not saying there isn’t a place for a static show like Stoneleigh - just that for the last 2 years I’ve been it’s failed to achieve ‘critical mass’ of stalls, manufacturers and clubs.