Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Sportscars at Oulton Park
PAUL FISHER

posted on 21/1/09 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a picture of one of the new race cars from the weekend Rescued attachment MK race car.jpg
Rescued attachment MK race car.jpg

danny k

posted on 22/1/09 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
good picture paul.past my ARDS test yesterday so im ready to go
PAUL FISHER

posted on 22/1/09 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Danny,a few more pictures of the Day can be found here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard_crawford/sets/72157612624875773/show/with/3203166307/ Rescued attachment steve oulton.jpg
Rescued attachment steve oulton.jpg

Hellfire

posted on 22/1/09 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Some good pictures on there. Were you on the trackday Paul? No pictures?

PS - Congratulations Danny.

Phil

PAUL FISHER

posted on 22/1/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
No pictures of my little Clio Phil must have deemed not worthy of a photo,I could have bought the usual CD of photo's of my car during the day,but £30 for a dozen pictures is a bit of a rip off I think.
The pictures in the link above are taken by amateur photographers who attend these events and post them up for free,in true locost style

I did the usual video's though,(warning turn your volume down before viewing)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IB-U2ex04ec&feature=channel_page

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F6YtSq5fYxs&feature=channel_page

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GY87p17N36E&feature=channel_page

Andy D

posted on 23/1/09 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
No pictures of my little Clio Phil must have deemed not worthy of a photo,I could have bought the usual CD of photo's of my car during the day,but £30 for a dozen pictures is a bit of a rip off I think.
The pictures in the link above are taken by amateur photographers who attend these events and post them up for free,in true locost style

I did the usual video's though,(warning turn your volume down before viewing)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IB-U2ex04ec&feature=channel_page

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F6YtSq5fYxs&feature=channel_page

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GY87p17N36E&feature=channel_page

The old Clee-Ho looks to be going very well Paul. I know what you mean about photos. Pretty sure if they dropped their prices to around £15 ish, they'd sell loads more. Or mayby we're just tight arses.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/1/09 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yes,I am very pleased with it,best £2500 Ive ever spent, I realy enjoy driving it,I thought I might get a bit fed up with it after a couple of trackdays,after having a couple of Indys,but no,I am going to Cadwell this Sunday again,and then back at Oulton on the 11th of Feb
I agree with you on the photo's,I know these guys have to make a living but £30,like you say £15 and they would sell a lot more

Andy D

posted on 23/1/09 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Yes,I am very pleased with it,best £2500 Ive ever spent, I realy enjoy driving it,I thought I might get a bit fed up with it after a couple of trackdays,after having a couple of Indys,but no,I am going to Cadwell this Sunday again,and then back at Oulton on the 11th of Feb
I agree with you on the photo's,I know these guys have to make a living but £30,like you say £15 and they would sell a lot more

Trackdays by the bucketful eh! Dont think I'll be seeing so many this year, have been afflicted with the old redundancy bug..

Even Pete's plans to race the Civic this year are looking a little iffy, due to the uncertaincy of there actually being a circuit to race on. (Croft )

[Edited on 23/1/09 by Andy D]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/1/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that Andy,I hope you get back in work soon,and back on the track,its a shame too about Croft,the future is not looking good for it,never done Croft,so might have to get up there before it shuts its doors for good
What race series was your Pete looking at racing in? are there no others he could join?

Andy D

posted on 23/1/09 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Sorry to hear that Andy,I hope you get back in work soon,and back on the track,its a shame too about Croft,the future is not looking good for it,never done Croft,so might have to get up there before it shuts its doors for good
What race series was your Pete looking at racing in? are there no others he could join?

The earliest trackday at Croft, afaik, is Javelin's March 1st.

If the Northern Sports and Saloon champ is a no go, the next convenient one I guess is the North West one, with team MK. Just means more travelling, it's main base being Oulton. So no cheap home events. Will play it by ear.

I have a BAT trackday voucher to spend sometime this year, (Good old Pete! ) I'd prefer it to be Cadwell, but so far, there are no BAT days at Cadwell. Second choice possibly Rockingham?

Not holding my breath, on the job front! but you never know..

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/1/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:

The earliest trackday at Croft, afaik, is Javelin's March 1st.

If the Northern Sports and Saloon champ is a no go, the next convenient one I guess is the North West one, with team MK. Just means more travelling, it's main base being Oulton. So no cheap home events. Will play it by ear.

I have a BAT trackday voucher to spend sometime this year, (Good old Pete! ) I'd prefer it to be Cadwell, but so far, there are no BAT days at Cadwell. Second choice possibly Rockingham?

Not holding my breath, on the job front! but you never know..

Just looked at the Javelin site,Sunday the 1st of March £139 I think I will be doing that one

Looking through the north west fixtures is does not look too bad for you as 1st might appear,even for you real northerners,a lot of the races are double headers so that cuts down the cost a fair bit,Anglesey will be a bit of a drag,but Cadwell and Mallory are not too bad to get to.

1/2 28th March 2009 Oulton Park BARC (NW) – Double Header
3 26th April 2009 Cadwell Park BARC HQ)
4 23rd May 2009 Oulton Park BARC (NW) – Dave Simpson Memorial
5 20th June 2009 Oulton Park BARC (HQ)
6/7 11th/12th July 2009 Croft BARC (HQ) – Double Header
8/9 8th/9th August 2009 Anglesey BRSCC (NW) – Double Header
10 13th September 2009 Mallory Park BARC (HQ) 11/12 26th September 2009 Oulton Park BARC (NW) – Double Header .

A few of us are hoping to get along to watch a few races,should be quiet entertaining,would be good to have another car on track to take a interest in

Bookatracks prices have gone through the roof this year
We all never know whats round the corner work wise,the North East always appears to get the worst of it,fingers crossed though something will turn up

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.