Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 2009 season race costs
ernie

posted on 6/9/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Oulton park update. What a luverly circuit, you need plenty of track time for 1st visit. Cost, entry £285,. diesel £90,. race and test fuel £44,. slept in van for 2 nites so spent the money on superb dinner at local gastro pub £26,. running total= £2761. Next and last outing Snetterton 20th
ernie

posted on 7/9/09 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
oh, forgot £19 for m6 toll
procomp

posted on 8/9/09 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Ernie.

£19 are you joking . A personal use van and trailer is the same as a car. Thats £4.50 or £9 both ways. Bloody French goverment. What are they doing owning all our toll roads / bridges anyhow. At least the M25 is only a small charge. but £19 on the M6 toll is outrageous.

Is it any wonder the big signs for the toll always say M6 TOLL CLEAR theres no one using it at those prices. espesialy when they over charge you by £10.

You may have gathered that the M6 toll dose infuriate me a little.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nash

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
So sorry but do we have a runnin total for the 09 season or have I missed something?

.............Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

MikeR

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
Also note - when the sign says M6 toll clear it means the M6 is *also* clear. When the sign says M6 congestion ..... it means they have congestion on the M6 and the toll is clear.

Learnt that lesson a long time ago

alistairolsen

posted on 9/9/09 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ernie
running total= £2761.

With one meet to go.

Looking like my best guess of 4 for the car and the same again every season wouldnt be too far away (Im further afield than most!)

My Build Thread

procomp

posted on 9/9/09 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I think that at the end you will need to take Ernie's figures and see how many round he has done then multiply to achieve a full season costing.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ernie

posted on 23/9/09 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
So last meeting, entry fee 205;
race fuel 15; diesel 40; o & s 10; season total £3050 give or take 50 quid. completed 9 out of 14 races, 1 DNF, 2 test days. this was a relative cheap season with no breakdowns, or major incidents. In the last race the engine was sounding slightly off under load. So was I pleased with my performance? Since my first season 2005, my points total has constantly increased pro rata. I'm not going to win!! Racing in close proximity is a lot better than track days no matter where you finish. Did I cross the finish line each time with a big grin on my face? YOU BETCHA. Looking to next season now, new seatbelts, engine refresh, extingusher service, new nose cone. Father Christmas please be kind to me! If your reading this and thinking can I do this? YES YOU CAN. A couple of cars are for sale now and I'm sure a few more will come up in the next few months so get in there.

TimC

posted on 23/9/09 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ernie
So last meeting, entry fee 205;
race fuel 15; diesel 40; o & s 10; season total £3050 give or take 50 quid. completed 9 out of 14 races, 1 DNF, 2 test days. this was a relative cheap season with no breakdowns, or major incidents. In the last race the engine was sounding slightly off under load. So was I pleased with my performance? Since my first season 2005, my points total has constantly increased pro rata. I'm not going to win!! Racing in close proximity is a lot better than track days no matter where you finish. Did I cross the finish line each time with a big grin on my face? YOU BETCHA. Looking to next season now, new seatbelts, engine refresh, extingusher service, new nose cone. Father Christmas please be kind to me! If your reading this and thinking can I do this? YES YOU CAN. A couple of cars are for sale now and I'm sure a few more will come up in the next few months so get in there.

Amen! I'm off travelling next year but already know that I'll miss the racing big time. If you think trackdays are fun, you'll almost wet yourself with excitement at your first race weekend. Its THAT good.

alistairolsen

posted on 23/9/09 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
So to do a full season, (3050/9)*14 = £4744

Add on another grand easily for me due to location and thats a cheap season lol.

Id love to do it but I suspect a series closoer to home might be easier!

My Build Thread

ernie

posted on 23/9/09 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
your equation is not quite accurate as some of the meetings are double headers, so save on entry fees & travel exes. The Dudleys (based in Ediburgh) did a very succesful couple of seasons. But as you say its proberly about 5hrs before you reach Oulton park
ernie

posted on 23/9/09 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry , a minor mistake 10 races including 1 dnf
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.