Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is this legal?
FEZ1025

posted on 18/3/09 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
with regards to the fuel cap, its has to have a lock if the filler cap is exposed to the outside of the car! it the filler neck is not exposed to the outside of the car, say under the boot shelf then it have to be secured but then the shelf has to be lockable

Not trying to muddy the waters but mine passed SVA with a screw on/off petrol cap from some Japanese car that was able to be freely opened from the outside of the buggy as in not below/inside any lockable area.

Alan...

omega0684

posted on 18/3/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
hmmmmm...... me suspects a dodgy SVA man, how much did you pay him?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FEZ1025

posted on 18/3/09 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing honest Guv LOL TBH I've taken 4 Buggies to be SVA'd & they all had the same system.

Alan...

roadrunner

posted on 18/3/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted a radio in my Indy while i was building her, and it was only while i was builing her that i could hear the damn thing, worst thing i did it was. All sorted now, not a radio in sight.
adithorp

posted on 18/3/09 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
SVA dosn't require a locking cap. The manual just says it must be secure, as in won't fall off, come loose or leak. If it locks then it's easier to prove it's secure.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Howlor

posted on 18/3/09 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
SVA dosn't require a locking cap. The manual just says it must be secure, as in won't fall off, come loose or leak. If it locks then it's easier to prove it's secure.

adrian

Yep I agree, mine had no lock and neither did my mates. It just has to be secure and not fall off. A lock is only to stop people nicking your fuel, not a safety thing.

Steve

snapper

posted on 18/3/09 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Very specific regulations for the seat belt mountings and especialy in your case the "effective seat belt mounting height" which must be a specific height above the seat squab

Make up a peice of wood 136mm long 53mm high, put it on the seat pushed to the back, long edge forward, from the top front edge measure 450mm straight up, from this point draw a horizontal line back to where your seat belt mounts will be, this is the minimum height the mounts should be.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

austin man

posted on 18/3/09 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to add to the list bu the radio could also be a fail due to radius, brother in law had a fail on his MK Indy for this as it is in the contactable area.

Speakers will be of no use there place them in the rear bulkhead you can hear the radio up to 65 mph other rthan that us an ipod mp3 player etc

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

speedyxjs

posted on 19/3/09 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
other than that us an ipod mp3 player etc

Not allowed to use headphones when driving a car

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Findlay234

posted on 19/3/09 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Not allowed to use headphones? what about handsfree kits for phones?
The Simmonds

posted on 19/3/09 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there! Thanks for your help, I have attached a load more photos in a new thread, 'Is it legal? (more pics!)'. If you wouldn't mind inspecting them, thatd be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.