Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fed up with my Pinto.....
jacko

posted on 9/5/09 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
My carbs are zx9r/e not R1's
If the R1 carbs are the same then
1 i had to drill the main jets to 1.7mm
2 the air screws are one turn out
3 the carbs must be balanced
4 on the carbs i have the hole in line with the main needle is blocked this stops the fuel /air mix going week at high revs
and we put two washers under the main needle
I must stress you must get it rolling roaded to get it right
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jpindy3

posted on 9/5/09 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
its the carbs,i have the seme carbs as jacko,i think the r1 carbs have a clip on the main neidle,make sure thay are balanced,i would check the floats and check all the main neidles are all at the same hight,then make sure thay are fixed to the manifuild,by the pipe and clips,mine poped off a cupple of times.
good luck
jamie

[Edited on 9/5/09 by jpindy3]

scoop

posted on 9/5/09 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for all that guys.
Ill get someone who knows what they are doing to sort it. Shame im so far away from Bogg Bros. here in sunny Lowestoft

scoop

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Update.
Spent a quiet night shift on the interweb looking for stuff on bike carbs and found an article that showed how Bogg Bros. themselves installed R1 carbs on a vauxhall engine. Brilliant.
This gave me the confidence to remove strip down, check and replace the carbs. No problems but, no change

Couple of mates came round today armed with gear to wet test, all fine. A bore scope, all fine. And a trick timing light.
We set the timing on tdc. We set the dizzy timing. Well out and then set to 12Degrees. We set the valve clearences. Some were out. One then noticed a small water leak around the inlet manifold so we removed it. Somehow i'd managed to chew this up on instal and water had been leaking into 2 and 3 and posibly an air leak from 1. Went and got a new Ford one from local dealer. NO CHANGE
Rang another mate after ringing Bogg Bros who's gonna come and set them up proper with all the gear next week.
If that doesnt work they are going back.

jpindy3

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
its a shame to hear that scoop,
it will get sorted .
good luck

i think its the carbs,we will find out soon.
jamie
just think of the cheep turbo conversion you can do using that set up!
[Edited on 12/5/09 by jpindy3]

[Edited on 12/5/09 by jpindy3]

scoop

posted on 12/5/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I think i would go 2l Zetec with 1.8 head and throttle bodies. I love turbo'd cars but not in something so light as one of these. God that sounds like a good idea but the bank balance couldnt cope.
Thanks for trying to chear me up anyway

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.