Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Owners Club at Newark '09'
jollygreengiant

posted on 21/6/09 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Well What a show. The company was excellent as usual, (except for those missing in action with burnt out clutches and blown engines) the beer was plentiful, the BBQ was superb (as was Kevs Chilli, methinks that it could become almost mandatory) and well, the strippers, what could I say about them.

I would like to thank all of you that made the effort and appeared, with or without car. It was nice once again to put faces to names. I am sorry but I did not take any photos this time but I sure that some of you did, so I am looking forward to seeing them posted. I am also looking forward to seeing a few more of you who by the sound of things should be able to be getting on the road in the next few months. We look forward to your future company.

Thank you One and All.

Cheers.

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

SteveWallace

posted on 21/6/09 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to all of you form making me feel so welcome on Saturday and giving me all of the advice and tips, as well as the test drive.

The down side of your enthusiasm is that you are going to have to put up with me asking lots more dumb questions over the next few months (or years) as you have convinced me that building a Viento is the way to go.

So, its off to break the piggy bank, phone Luego and then work out what the hell to do next (which way do you turn a bolt to tighten it again?)

Don't forget, it if aint broke, take it to bits anyway!

jollygreengiant

posted on 22/6/09 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Wellcome to the mad house Steve. As we said to you at the time ask away there is always someone with an answer. We look forward to anwering your questions and meeting up more frequently.

JGG

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
Thanks to all of you form making me feel so welcome on Saturday and giving me all of the advice and tips, as well as the test drive.

The down side of your enthusiasm is that you are going to have to put up with me asking lots more dumb questions over the next few months (or years) as you have convinced me that building a Viento is the way to go.

So, its off to break the piggy bank, phone Luego and then work out what the hell to do next (which way do you turn a bolt to tighten it again?)

Don't forget, it if aint broke, take it to bits anyway!

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

SteveWallace

posted on 22/6/09 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Original Luego Owners?

Thanks. Is anyone still in contact with the original owners of Luego? I called the current owners today and they have offered me a deal on a V8 and gearbox that was in the factory when they took over.

Its on a sold as seen basis, which is fine, but if its known to be a pile of junk then its not worth the effort of getting it home.

Nick Davison

posted on 23/6/09 at 06:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys

Popped over on Sunday lunch but couldn't find you, ok I didn't check this thread before as I have been rushing about with my head on fire for a few weeks - it's hard being a playboy! Had to park in the only area that I could find that was mildly something to do with this site .. the Locost car club .... which was pointless as no one spoke to us or wanted to be engaged in conversation.

It seemed to be a good do anyway with lovely weather.

After reading this thread I now know why I didn't see any wide ones as you were quite a way out of the main action. Did anyone see my car parked up?

Nick

[Edited on 23/6/09 by Nick Davison]

wilkingj

posted on 23/6/09 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I called the current owners today and they have offered me a deal on a V8 and gearbox that was in the factory when they took over.

What sort of V8?
Make, model, and exactly what gearbox?

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 23/6/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick

Yep I did spot your motor on my numerous forays across the area but did not spot you loitering/lurking near to it. We were over behind the Traction/stationary engines near the main pedestrian entrance. Well out of the way in the pit of despair. Sorry we missed you/you missed us.

Clive.
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Davison
Hi Guys

Popped over on Sunday lunch but couldn't find you, ok I didn't check this thread before as I have been rushing about with my head on fire for a few weeks - it's hard being a playboy! Had to park in the only area that I could find that was mildly something to do with this site .. the Locost car club .... which was pointless as no one spoke to us or wanted to be engaged in conversation.

It seemed to be a good do anyway with lovely weather.

After reading this thread I now know why I didn't see any wide ones as you were quite a way out of the main action. Did anyone see my car parked up?

Nick

[Edited on 23/6/09 by Nick Davison]

Numb nuts

posted on 23/6/09 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
My wife and I also spotted your car...distinctive.
We found the rest of you eventually as well.
I was hoping to catch Piddy and corner him about his side screens...he was not to be seen unfortunately
Nice to have a chat with some of you and promise to make the effort and bring the XT to Stafford if the engine transplant is done by then

SteveWallace

posted on 24/6/09 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
quote:
I called the current owners today and they have offered me a deal on a V8 and gearbox that was in the factory when they took over.

What sort of V8?
Make, model, and exactly what gearbox?

I've now got the information. Its a Rover 3.5l V8 EFI (24D... serial number engine). I get the impression from a web search that these are not hugely powerful (somewhere between 150 and 190 BHP, depending on who you believe).

Now that I know what it is, I would be interested in views on whether its worth using it.

The gearbox is an LT77, which is a standard 5 speed box that was used in Range Rovers at the time (late '80's through to mid '90's).

Is it worth starting with this and trying to get more out of it or just going for something completely different (as Monty Python would have said)

Steve

Nick Davison

posted on 25/6/09 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
Good at least someone could see that I made the effort, perhaps if I had made a little more I would have found you guys as well.

I was surprised just how many 7s there were, it seems to be turning into a 7 show. Mind you I did still see some very strange looking cars here and there.

If anyone is interested the 2nd Tuesday in the month is a gathering in a pub in Ashby Fovile (Nr Melton Mowbray). All sorts of cars from 1912 Lagondas to modern Ferraris with loads in between. It is a big do so much so that the cricket field over the road is full of cars (all interesting ones no familiy saloons) the time I went there must have been over 100! Also the road is chocker with bikes.
The interesting thing is when you come to leave the country lane on the way out of the field is lined with spectators (and the odd policeman who seem to be spectating as well) for 200yards watching you leave and cheering any burnouts, number 11s or wheelies! It is an experience not to be missed. Oh the pub is good with a massive curry and chilli on the go outside. If I could I would go every month but unfortunately I work away during the week so never get to go. Worth a look and provide a big 7 presence, a V8 7 reducing the size of it's tyres on the exit road would go down well I would expect!

Nick

[Edited on 25/6/09 by Nick Davison]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.