Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Locostbuilders forum etiquette, a question.
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson

Still, most of you seem to think name calling is no big deal, so I will indulge in it too when I feel the desire.

John

Oh dear........

This has been an interesting thread to read.

To add, I often will reply to a thread and then will not revisit the same post as i have given my 2p and then i'm on to reading the next post, this is how the forum/internet works for me, you add your opinion and then you can go on to look a something else.

Have a cuppa, read the paper and chill, and if you have a gripe with someone, discuss it with them and not gossip publicly ("hang your dirty washing out to dry" comes to mind).

As i say, just my 2p's worth and i wont be revisiting this post again as there are more important ones on here!

welderman

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:08 PM
Just to let you know, Steve hasn't really built cars for anyone else since he got married last year and lost his job the day he got back from his honeymoon.

He'll only build for others now if he really wants too!

Didn't want to continue this argument cos I had my say above, but thought I'd just clear up that fact!
quote:
Originally posted by Garage Clearout
Someone has mentioned it above though that you and Mr Hignett have similar business interest's, so maybe you challenging him like this on a public forum is more about saying who's got the biggest love length
[Edited on 7/6/09 by Garage Clearout]

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Richard Quinn

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:14 PM
Isn't this all about people's opinions and the right to air them. Opinions do not have to be fact based and cannot always be substantiated (if it is necessary to substantiate an opinion??).
If the biggest insult I'd received on a forum was that some of my forum posts were ridiculous, I'd be quite happy.
I have to admit that some of my posts on here are completely unhelpful and I've been known to take the odd, good-humoured, pop at someone at some time. No one has ever complained to me about any of the content and I think that this has a lot to do with the way that things are written.

scootz

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:15 PM
I've said it before John, I find you to be a complete and utter enigma!

On one hand you come across as extremely knowledgeable and helpful to fellow LCB members.

But on the other hand though, you can be unecessarily prickly!

The problem with forums is that it's hard to convey personality in a type-written format. What could be intended as a bit of banter, can often be consttrued as a 'dig'.

You have previously made anti-Scottish remarks on here, and you have also posted links to content which could be considered homophobic.

Perhaps if I met Mr H in person, I would get 'it'. But I just can't suss you out and therefore am never quite sure what to expect on a Mr H thread.

For what it's worth, I think you have over-reacted to the posting inquestion. I also think this particular thread reflects badly on Mr H the LCB member as it's dragging out a non-event.

All in my opinion and only offered because you invited comment!

Garage Clearout

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:26 PM
Despite you constantly trying to justify your inability to accept other peoples comments on this forum, you drag this debate on, The comments in the original thread are fine, and it appears that what was said seems only to a be a reflection on what some other members were thinking.

Whether or not you and the other member have similar business interest's or not, it appears to be you that is constantly dragging this matter on.

The more this thread continues the more it reflects badly on you, and not the other member.

It's your choice but i would have deleted this thread 2 pages ago to protect your dignity.

SPYDER

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:26 PM
As previously suggested, take two large chill pills and relax.
So someone says your posts are "ridiculous".
So what?
No one takes this sort of remark seriously, only you.
I doubt if anyone actually cares about this sort of casual knockabout. It is only an internet forum.
How would you deal with a disgruntled customer. Ask for a public apology??
And whilst we're on the subject of forum etiquette I echo a previous post. This seemingly un-necessary thread has pushed someone elses thread off the front page. Do you intend to publicly apologise to them?
Do your business a favour. Spend more time finishing kits and less time getting needlessly upset.
Take nothing on the net seriously. Water...ducks back...sticks..stones..etc.
I don't need anyone on the net to tell me how "ridiculous" I am.
I have a wife to do that. And friends. And workmates.
Hang on.... everybody says it.

Geoff.

JoelP

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:39 PM
im sure its threads like this steve might think are ridiculous. You do nit pick. I have also seen a post you started on another forum that was indeed ridicuous, and 23 pages of people seemed to think so too.

I dont think you're a bad bloke, quite the contrary in fact, but you do come across pompous and condesending at times, to use words mentioned above. I wont post exhaustive examples because it is an impression ive formed from reading pretty much every post you've made here; but one example that springs to mind would be the thread about using capital letters, for instance. Pompous and unnecessary.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.