Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Giving kitcars a bad name
James

posted on 7/4/04 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Guess it's only fair to point out that RSJigtech had sorted the bracket problem on the car shown at Detling.

Well done guys.

James

rizla

posted on 19/4/04 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
the snake

th ought id better corect this before it gets out of hand,the kit on show at the show before detling was the chassis by spd and was used to display the kit ONLY
as the previous post says this was all sorted at the detling show the reason it was sorted was that a entirly new chassis was made for this car and the quality of it is amazing so amazing in fact i bought one on the spot,it was far better than any other manufacturer on display it certainly put the large manufacturers to shame
i hope this has cleared it up once and for all
people can do alot of damage to a growing company if they dont get all the info available

scutter

posted on 19/4/04 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Congrats to RS jigtech for hopefully losing that SPD chassis.

Love the look of the Snake bonnet and scuttle shame it's a one piece moulding.

P.S. welcome to the fold it'll only go down hill from here

All the best Dan.

[Edited on 19/4/04 by scutter]

[Edited on 19/4/04 by scutter]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 19/4/04 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
reads like an Ad to me.....

quote:
Originally posted by rizla
th ought id better corect this before it gets out of hand,the kit on show at the show before detling was the chassis by spd and was used to display the kit ONLY
as the previous post says this was all sorted at the detling show the reason it was sorted was that a entirly new chassis was made for this car and the quality of it is amazing so amazing in fact i bought one on the spot,it was far better than any other manufacturer on display it certainly put the large manufacturers to shame
i hope this has cleared it up once and for all
people can do alot of damage to a growing company if they dont get all the info available

SparkyPups

posted on 19/4/04 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
ever the sceptic
stephen_gusterson

posted on 19/4/04 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SparkyPups
ever the sceptic

thats me !

atb

steve

rizla

posted on 19/4/04 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
sorry if it reads like an add,but i have been involved with this company in one way or another since december 03 and at thier new premises they have only the best people and equipment and are totaly dedicated in giving the best both in quality and value,in my opinion they are one of the best companies around in the kit car industry,no job is to small for them they are ever helpfull Rescued attachment car 2.jpg
Rescued attachment car 2.jpg

scutter

posted on 21/4/04 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Now why'd you go and ruin a nice day by showing that image

Just remember it's down to taste

How much does a seperate body cost( Giving chance for free advertising)

All the best Dan.

[Edited on 21/4/04 by scutter]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rizla

posted on 21/4/04 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
body is 995 + vat
i chose this car due to every other seven type car being basicly the same,the idea of a small boot and a much better looking rear and wider track swung it for me.
it wieghs the same as a mk for instance,and as for the apeal it was the buisyest stand at detling all weekend,i think this speaks for itself,and people are looking for things slightly different,after all thats what kit cars are about

James

posted on 22/4/04 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rizla

it wieghs the same as a mk for instance,

What a weird coincidence!

James

stephen_gusterson

posted on 22/4/04 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
havnt seen the car in real life, but from the picture I like the rear end style - bit jennifer lopez - but then my wifes car is a new megane

atb

steve

SparkyPups

posted on 22/4/04 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
I like the rear too.

And the more kit manufacturers, the more competition the lower the prices

Phil Allonby

posted on 22/4/04 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
I'd agree that the more kit car builders the more choice for everyone, but I think we'd all agree that there has to be an acceptable level of quality otherwise manufacturers could do more harm than good to the industry.

I've owned several kit cars from a jago, through a westy and a robin hood, so i dont really care for the sense i get at times from some message boards that "ours are better than yours" where any other make of car is dismissed. (though i'd admit its pretty rare on here) We've all made choices, and like was correctly pointed out in this thread its a matter of taste anyway. I always think I've got more in common with a Gardener Douglas owner, or a Mini Moke owner than with your average tin top owner, because we've both got a common interest in driving and or building for fun.

personally I feel that RS Jigtec's decision to display that awful old chassis was a mistake, and doesnt do them many favours. however, the work that they have recently completed for me has been excellent. Without sounding like an advert the quality of their work has been of a very high standard (I used to be an engineering inspector in my previous life!)
maybe their keeness to get the snake body to the show got the better of them on that occasion, it might have been better if there'd been a big sign saying "we wont ever sell anything as crappy as this" which i suspect would be a fair assessment of their feelings on that chassis, hence the apparent major changes.

looking forward to lots of postings, to while away the working day!

Phil

woodster

posted on 22/4/04 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
havnt seen the car in real life, but from the picture I like the rear end style - bit jennifer lopez -

I agree I like both rear ends but I dont like the name .... i mean SNAKE not jennifer ......... SNAKE > slippppy , slimmmmy , lower than !!!!

woodster

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.