Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RANT!!
scootz

posted on 3/10/09 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by t16turbotone
yet we still having so called policemen dicking about on the sides of roads feeling like theyre doing a worthwhile job
´

These roles were civilianized years ago in Scotland... do Police Officers really still staff camera vans in England and Wales???

morcus

posted on 3/10/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
If you use a satnav, some of them record your speed onto the unit and I have seen this used as evidence (In a magazine article). I was under the impression the 34 was the very lowest speed you had to be doing to get done in a 30 limit as the devices are meant to have tollerences to allow for a slightly out speedo and things like determining the needle precisly on an analouge dial, so 34 seems abit suspicious as If its been knocked up just to catch you.

My source for the info about 34 was from my Driving instructor.

owelly

posted on 3/10/09 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Using any evidence to prove your speedo reading is fruitless. You can't prove what wheels or tyres you had fitted and as far as the BiB or courts are concerned you were speeding. My ex-plod Volvo had a calibrated speedo but I still got zapped at 127mph. My speedo said 110........
The plod are considered to be 'expert witnesses' and as such, thier word is final. We all know how dishonest some of the coppers are but unless we all have cameras and techographs fitted, we can't fight back.
Actually I fight back by flicking V's at them under the dash board. That shows 'em!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 3/10/09 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Actually I fight back by flicking V's at them under the dash board. That shows 'em!

my door card sees a lot of that too!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

RichieHall

posted on 5/10/09 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
Originally posted by owelly

my door card sees a lot of that too!

The A pillar in the tin top gets the same treatment

Rust is lighter than Carbon Fibre!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.