Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Can u believe people? They will say anything to save their skin.
iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 30/10/09 at 12:59 AM Reply With Quote
ah, looks like two seperate cameras

HERE

Edit to say scroll down the above page gives more detailed spec

[Edited on 30/10/09 by iscmatt]

nitram38

posted on 30/10/09 at 03:36 AM Reply With Quote
One wide angle lense looks forwards and covers the entire front view through your windscreen and the other shows the complete interior of your vehicle.

[Edited on 30/10/2009 by nitram38]

speedyxjs

posted on 30/10/09 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
I really do need to get one of those. Would also be a great idea for our vans. Il print this thread out later and show my dad tomorrow

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

nitram38

posted on 2/11/09 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Kwikfit insurance have been great.
I reported the accident to them within an hour and then they said they will waiver my excess because of my camera evidence and that the repairers will contact me the next day between 9am & 11am.
Next day at 11am, phone call.
They would have picked the car up the next day, but I'm working, so they are picking it up next Monday morning and dropping of the courtesy car.
Not bad so far

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 2/11/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
would video evidence be still accepted in a court of law tho seeing as the unit isnt a calibrated recognized equipment used by the bib? i know video is a good bit of ammo i have video for my car too but just basic video - but if it went to court whats to stop someone saying you edited the video?
nitram38

posted on 2/11/09 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
County Court judges work on "all probability" when insurance companies can't agree on fault. They would view the video as further evidence.
In my case the video proves i was stationary and that the the car hit me. It shows the driver getting out and clearly hears her apologising for hitting me.
The format for the video is asd. This is un-editable and with the gps timeline would show jumps in the clock anyway

[Edited on 3/11/2009 by nitram38]

Ninehigh

posted on 7/11/09 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Do you get money off insurance with them knowing you have that installed? I remember one that had a drive fitted under the seat so you could record days of footage at a time

nitram38

posted on 8/11/09 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Do you get money off insurance with them knowing you have that installed? I remember one that had a drive fitted under the seat so you could record days of footage at a time

I didn't tell them because I want to only use the camera to my benefit. If I disclosed it, they would certainly demand evidence if they gave me a discount.
One thing is for sure. I had £300 compulsory excess because I live in London but they waived it because the other driver is insured and I have video evidence to support my claim.
My insurance company said it was a pretty cut and dried case because I was stationary and the woman driver shouldn't have been on the chevrons.

mistergrumpy

posted on 15/11/09 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add to this thread. I am quite impressed by the T-Eye and have been watching Ebay for any used ones to appear but they haven't been and today after arsing around with my brothers broken Audi all weekend I've gone to my Astra and someones gone and scraped the back corner of the bumper and got off without telling me So my order will be going in for a T Eye I think.
DM

posted on 19/11/09 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
nice gadget - might get myself one for protection against insurance comanies!

a neighbour bumped into my car recently - he apologised admitting blame and of course his insurance company tried to settle knock for knock... I successfully argued that given where the incident / damage occured, I would have to have been driving my car side-ways to have been at fault.

ultimately the whole thing was paid out by his insurer - and despite protected NCB my premium went up because I'd "made a claim". Go figure....

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.