Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: body filler
blakep82

posted on 15/2/10 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
it wasn't pretty to start with, and not very well repaired, but just want to 'pretty it up' lol a new door is £120+vat

Description
Description

i ground it all down with the grinder, and skimmed it with fibreglass filler. sanded down and then filler

Description
Description

Description
Description

not finished yet, but i was getting annoyed with looking at the same panel lol.

here's how it started when i got it free
Description
Description

so last year (or the year before?) i fibreglassed the back with the crap from halfords

as long as it looks half decent i'm happy. although a few sharp jolts in the road, it'll probably all fall out

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RAYLEE29

posted on 15/2/10 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
hi, dont get the davids stuff upol is definately better nice to see your work area is as tidy as mine lol
p40 is ok for bridging but p38 is like porrige compared to the fine upol
stuff
another thing use it as quickly as poss dont hang about as soon as it starts going off bin it
also ice cream tub lids are good to mix on
leave a film of filler on it when it goes off bend the lid and itll all come off
when mixing do it with a folding action as apposed to strirring youll get less air bubbles
Ray

blakep82

posted on 15/2/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
ha ha work area?! thats the back of the car
i was using a ice cream tub lid. i found it laying out there and decided to use it.
its turining out alright. just a pain having to do it so many times because the filler keeps dragging on the spreader leaving big scores in it lol. it was just because that stuff they had on telly looked so much easier to work with, i thought there must be a better way

[Edited on 15/2/10 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.