Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Matt aka Procomp
foes

posted on 22/7/10 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Fractured heels (calaneal fractures) are very painful and can take a long time to heal, no weight bearing for 6 weeks minium

My mate fractured his right heel last week when we were out in the french alps on a mountainbike holiday.

Its nicknamed 'the lovers fracture'

From wikipedia;
Calcaneal fracture, also known as Lover's fracture and Don Juan fracture, is a fracture of the calcaneus. It is usually caused by a fall from height. The name lover's fracture is derived from the fact that a lover may jump from great heights while trying to escape from the lover's spouse.[1] Calcaneal fractures are often accompanied by compression fractures of spinal vertebrae

All the best and get better soon.

matt.c

posted on 22/7/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ouch. Keep taking those pain killers even through the night. I woke myself up through the night and took pain killers when i busted my ribs. Kept me topped up all day and night. Never did get rid of all the pain but it helped take the edge off.

Get well soon.

All the best.

Matt

Hellfire

posted on 22/7/10 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Take it easy and get well soon Matt.

Team Hellfire

antonio

posted on 22/7/10 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
merde....bon retablissement matt
antonio

procomp

posted on 23/7/10 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Right who's got plans for a BEWC.
Thanks for all the comments and get well's Etc. They are all greatly appreciated. Don't think ill be doing too much work for a few weeks but fully intend to be doing some next week in-between all the swearing every time i knock one of my feet against something.

The pain killers are working well. Tramadol Hydrochloride. On Max dosage and have Hallucinogenic side effects. So there will be some good ideas by the end of next week for the new car.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 24/7/10 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
oooOOooo are you home from hospital already?

Now Matt...are you going to tell us how/what really happened ???????? ...

Take it easy ..... don't try and do too much...
Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

procomp

posted on 24/7/10 at 01:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Jumped down a 5Ft drop. Yep i thought that wouldn't be a problem also. Result two fractured heels. !!!

Wheel chair for 1-2 weeks then try crutches and take it from there. Just glad to be home and back with loved ones and a supply of painkillers on hand. Try and get some dampers and work sorted next week. And there's a backlog of Westfields already. Pembrey next weekend is a no no and any racing / testing is on hold for 2 months min. Although i have already booked and payed for the WSCC Mallory track day so will see how i feel for then.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 24/7/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
eeek - only 5 feet!!!! Did you land on your heels or toes.

Perhaps now is the time to design some bits for us all on here or write down all your secrets and post them during a drug induced daze

(and i don't mean BEWC!)

Fozzie

posted on 24/7/10 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
5 Feet!

That's a very small roof !?! (FaceBook)...........

Fozzie .....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

JoelP

posted on 24/7/10 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
5 foot is well unlucky, i jump off the roof of my van all the time. All the best for a quick recovery!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

procomp

posted on 24/7/10 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Yep poxy 5 Ft. Building is sunk or surrounding area is raised depending on how you look at it. Not sure how i landed but as it happened there was pain over the whole base of both feet so maybe rather flat footed. What did not help was me wearing a pair of those thin soled trainer shoes and landing on paving slabs. Have jumped from the same spot many times previously with no sign of a problem. Guess it just wasn't my day.

The pain killers are rather disappointing. Stop the pain alright but so far no weird side effects.
But by far the biggest problem is forgetting all about the problem once the pain has diminished with the pain killers. twice today i have tried standing up without realising.

Cheers Matt

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.