Poll: ebay item what would you do? [View Results]
Go through ebay and loose money
Little white lie and not loose money
Other

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay item what would you do?
Ninehigh

posted on 12/8/10 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 3 Clicks
People like you make me sick!!!

I bet you wouldn't have the "guts" to do that in a high street shop???

This forum & YOU has been noted on eBay's forums ~~~ GoodBye...

quote:
Originally posted by balidey
I recently bought an item from ebay (I won't say what it actually is incase the seller ever reads on here).
It was advertised without a photo, but the description and title both said what it was and gave the brand name.
I bid and won, but when its arrived today its actually a very bad cheap chinese crap knock off. 100% not what the item should be and I would win in a Not As Described dispute if I went through ebay.

Sorry, starting to rant now....

Well, if I log it as a complaint then I will have to return it via a Trackable post method. And the cost of this will be about 75% of what I paid for it in the first place.

Or I can just say it never arrived and claim my full money back. it was only posted normal 1st class, not tracked. It only cost me a few quid but I am really not going to want to PAY to return this piece of crap.

So, what would you do?

Go through official channels and loose a couple of quid.

Or

Lie, say it never arrived, get all our money back and chuck the item in the bin (seriously that's what I will do)

I have bought items from a shop, most recently an electric toothbrush but I've returned a dropped laptop and a mobile phone this year and claimed I've done nothing to damage it.

I can even tell you it was Curry's, report me.

Troll fed and hopefully poisoned.

As for the OP being a liar and a cheat, and he wouldn't like it if this happened to him, well I'm sure he wouldn't sell an item that was other than described and not be dumb enough to send it untraceable delivery.

carpmart

posted on 13/8/10 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Simple mantra for life which applies here is; 'do unto others as you would have done to one's self' I trust you get my inference here!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

balidey

posted on 14/8/10 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Well, Mrs 3 Clicks has certainly got her knickers in a twist calling me a liar and a cheat.... Why? I have not lied or cheated. I just asked what others would do.
So really, when someone sells me an item, but its not really that item but some cheap tat, what I should really do is return their item, using my own money. So then they have the item back and have not lost out at all, and I will have no item and lost out on the return postage. Yep, I can see how that would make me out to be the winner in this situation.

Still not sure how I am going to go about this, hence asking on here for some advice, which there does not seem to be a clear cut decision.

The sums involved here are small, but in the past I have really been stung by ebay purchases and its really put me off doing any more 'not as described' disputes. I once bought a really heavy item, spent a lot on postage costs to me. The seller forgot to wrap it, it got severely damaged in transit. The seller then insisted I return it. Ebay forced me to sent it insured and tracked, so I was down £20. That is why I am not sure what to do in this instance, I am fed up being out of pocket because of the silly ebay rule.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

Peteff

posted on 14/8/10 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just tell him you are not happy via ebay message and ask him to rectify the situation then if he doesn't respond leave negative feedback. It's worked for me a couple of times although I have never needed to go to the negative.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Fozzie

posted on 14/8/10 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Just tell him you are not happy via ebay message and ask him to rectify the situation then if he doesn't respond leave negative feedback. It's worked for me a couple of times although I have never needed to go to the negative.

+1 ^^ for Petes advice....

Fozzie ....

Baildey ..... am I missing something? Where does it say that '3 clicks' is a woman? .....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

balidey

posted on 15/8/10 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Balidey ..... am I missing something? Where does it say that '3 clicks' is a woman? .....

Its irony. 3 clicks wrongly assumed I had made a false claim and accused me of being a liar and a cheat. So I also assumed something about someone that was also probably wrong.

Obviously a troll and some people like to ignore them, some like to feed them. In this case I was feeding.

I apologise that my attempt of irony was lost when written down

Fozzie

posted on 15/8/10 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Balidey ..... am I missing something? Where does it say that '3 clicks' is a woman? .....

Its irony. 3 clicks wrongly assumed I had made a false claim and accused me of being a liar and a cheat. So I also assumed something about someone that was also probably wrong.

Obviously a troll and some people like to ignore them, some like to feed them. In this case I was feeding.

I apologise that my attempt of irony was lost when written down

Aha I see .....

'Irony' lost......now found....so...
No worries! ....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

3 Clicks

posted on 15/8/10 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Lie, say it never arrived, get all our money back and chuck the item in the bin (seriously that's what I will do)

OP You said it not me!!!

And STOP trying to dig yourself out of the dirt...

You may also want to consider that a lot of people on this forum also sell on eBay and other websites, so customers like you are soon blocked!!!

BTW I'm a male...

Benzine

posted on 15/8/10 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 15/8/10 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

OP You said it not me!!!

And STOP trying to dig yourself out of the dirt...

You may also want to consider that a lot of people on this forum also sell on eBay and other websites, so customers like you are soon blocked!!!

BTW I'm a male...

Yes yes whatever. The real question is: Are you going to give a full refund for selling knockoff tat? Then he doesn't have to lie to Ebay, does he

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 15/8/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
3 clicks can type, but maybe not read too good.
In my original post when I said 'seriously that's what I will do', that is in reference to throwing it in the bin, not about the false claim. The crap I was sent is going to be binned if I do get a refund or not. Its that fact that has pissed me off, I have been sold crap under the false pretence of it being something else. If it had been advertised correctly I would never have made a bid on it.
And I'm not trying to dig myself out of anything. I can make my own mind up about what I do, I just wanted to hear from other intelligent people.... and you too.
I too sell on forums and ebay. But what sets me apart from the seller I experienced is that I don't sell poo and lie about it.
Anyway, I'll not bother posting any more about it. You can keep guessing about whether I sent it back or not.

Anyone want to buy a Rollex

Paradoxia0

posted on 15/8/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
OOOOH, Rolex you say, I am good at buying expensive watches while drunk, and I have had a couple of vinos tonight.... Do you have a listing number?

There is no replacement for displacement...

3 Clicks

posted on 15/8/10 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

OP There is only 1 'L' in Rolex!!!

Need one say more about you???

prawnabie

posted on 15/8/10 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Not on the ones you sell

Benzine

posted on 15/8/10 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
He won't like it if it happened to him!!!

He won't like it if it happens to him
or
He wouldn't like it if it happened to him

All the best!

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

balidey

posted on 16/8/10 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Its a joke. I was being funny. I'm a funny guy, I must, be my wife say so. Well actually she says 'you think you're so f***ing funny don't you', but its the same thing surely....

You see, I was sold a knock off item, a bit like if, well lets say for example, I sold you a Rolex, but when it arrives you see it says Rollex on it. See, its a joke. To try to emphasise what has happened to me. So what would someone do in that case?
Obvious answer is..... keep your mouth shut, don't ask anyones opinion, especially on a car building forum or you may get one of its members re-register just so they can falsley accuse you of something you haven't done. Oh well.

Jon Ison

posted on 16/8/10 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
"you may get one of its members re-register just so they can falsley accuse you of something you haven't done. Oh well."

Could you clarify just which direction this is aimed ? Becuase if its in my direction your assuming incorectly I'm afraid.

Jon Ison

posted on 16/8/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
"you may get one of its members re-register just so they can falsley accuse you of something you haven't done. Oh well."

Could you clarify just which direction this is aimed ? Becuase if its in my direction your assuming incorectly I'm afraid.

balidey

posted on 16/8/10 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, not directed at you, or infact anyone specifically. But this forum has history of members creating new identities purely to try to rile other members. It could have been someone completely new to the forum, but for someone to randomly create an ID just to post that they think I'm a liar and a cheat, well I find that less likely.

But as said, its a troll, I'm not overly bothered as I have done nothing wrong. Just wanted to hear others opinions. But 3 clicks obviously doesn't like like the way I asked the question and thought they would 'have a go'. Oh well.

Jon Ison

posted on 17/8/10 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Anything I had to say I said above publicly, its a problem on eBay the number of false INR claims that are made we even had one which we lost from a buyer who paid by paypal collected the item then claimed item not received, the system stinks.

btw we have never charged or asked anyone to pay return postage, its against DSR.

Ninehigh

posted on 23/8/10 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Noticed how this "3 clicks" chick has 4 posts, all of which are on this thread?

Does this look like the actions of a locostbuilder? Sounds more like the actions of the guy who sold the cheap tat!

No I don't see why anyone should be out of pocket for someone else's incompetence, and like I said before anything I post now that's of any importance has to go special delivery or they claim it never arrived. If anyone can tell me what's wrong with playing their rules against themselves then let me know please.

40inches

posted on 23/8/10 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Anything I had to say I said above publicly, its a problem on eBay the number of false INR claims that are made we even had one which we lost from a buyer who paid by paypal collected the item then claimed item not received, the system stinks.

btw we have never charged or asked anyone to pay return postage, its against DSR.

Yep! I bought a welder from an eBay seller, PayPal if posting, cash only if collecting, when I picked it up (dealer) he said he had got fed up being ripped off in the same way that you had.

Liam

posted on 23/8/10 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

Surely you dont have to let all these false claimers get away with it? Makes me sick to the stomach. Surely either the delivery company has proof of delivery, in which case paypal must come down on your side (and if they dont you get the [whatever ombudsman authority thingy it is] on the case), or if the delivery company can't prove delivery you claim from them? Grrrrr i hate scammers

Jon Ison

posted on 23/8/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Anything over about £10 we send via courier online tracked signed for.

Take a £2.75 switch, if we charged the cheapest possible rate of postage that as online proof of delivery (the one and only proof paypal will accept as proof of delivery) then it would be just to expensive and you would sell none, we like a lot of others "self insure" add 10p to each item to cover the ones you know are going to disappear. Just like shopkeepers do to cover shoplifters, the honest guy always has to pay.

Royal mail lose items we all know that but somehow they seem to lose a much higher percentage of ebay items than anything else, we have yet to lose a single item off our website, since coming back off our holidays we already have 3 INR's in our ebay inbox, 1 looks 100% genuine, the guy as impeccable feedback left by other sellers the other 2 seem to be very unlucky reading their feedback, they have left a stream of "lost in post but seller refunded" type feedback, trouble is you cant filter these guys out.

The best ones are the real thicko's, something delivered by courier, signed for and you still get the odd one try it on, "where is my item" ? Copy and paste tracking back is usually the last you hear from them.

We sold just short of £200k on eBay last financial year, not sure how many buyers that equated to but even with all the above 99.999999999% are just sound genuine people they take up 1% of out time, the other 0.00000001% take up 99% of our time. Get rid of them and eBay would be a much better place to trade, eBay just seem to put more and more policies in place that make it ever easier to pull a scam.

You may ask why trade on eBay, where else would you get that amount of traffic ?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.