<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OMG!
Vindi_andy

posted on 25/8/10 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Buy a caravan, its the way to go
dont join the caravan club as there sites are run by gestapo wanabees, (arseholes)

apart from that its good outdoors fun
We own a Lunar 2000, 2 berth

Steve

From my experiences with caravan club I would say join but dont use the bigger sites use CL sites.

Usually run by farmers with or old retired couple with a field and a maximum of 5 vans and very friendly, but thats just my experiences.

You could always do what Im doing and combine caravan with part of the appeal of kitcars and build you own. Buy an old rotten one (mine cost £100 quid) then you get all the bits you want like fridge cooker hob and grill, then build a teardrop on the chassis.

There are already a few robin hoods towing them and my target weight is 600 KG as the car is about 800KG and we will then take the tent for the kids.

That way you can have the same philosophy as the car i.e. locost

[Edited on 25/8/10 by Vindi_andy]

steve m

posted on 25/8/10 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
I will remain with my view of the Caravan
what ever other's doo, is up to them

just dont drive on the grass
dont take children
dont have any fun
dont go out of your caravan after 1600

You must say good morning etc to evryone, but dont expect to make friends for a week

They are the basic, but not written down rules

but from my experaince 3 CC clubs in 3 months and i will NEVER go to one again

Yet all the other sites we frequent, are good fun, with fairly normal neighbours, not stuck up old farts with there Bescarra van and a small dog !!

Just mine and my wifes views,
i also have had a nasty accident resulting in hospital stays, caused by a gestapo CC warden

Steve

Peteff

posted on 25/8/10 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
We have a Combicamp trailer tent now, our Silverline Nova caravan is now an allotment shed after 17 years of holiday use. It was 6'6" wide and about 11' long and could easily tow at the legal limit. We are back in the Caravan and Camping Club (not the caravan club though) after being out out of it for a number of years because camping on commercial sites became a nightmare with people up till 3.00am drinking and shouting then deciding it's a good idea to do laps of the field in their car and other such behaviour. Don't knock the rules they are there for a reason.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Bluemoon

posted on 25/8/10 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

You could always do what Im doing and combine caravan with part of the appeal of kitcars and build you own. Buy an old rotten one (mine cost £100 quid) then you get all the bits you want like fridge cooker hob and grill, then build a teardrop on the chassis. There are already a few robin hoods towing them and my target weight is 600 KG as the car is about 800KG and we will then take the tent for the kids. That way you can have the same philosophy as the car i.e. locost

Or you could get a puck (our 81 fully laden is 650kg, older ones are a lot less)..

puckcaravan
puckcaravan

Yet to tow it behind the MK but it is possible (and legal!). Tows great with the fiesta (1.3 endura E, i.e. not the zetec, much to my surprise keeps up with traffic no problem)..

Dan

[Edited on 25/8/10 by Bluemoon]

balidey

posted on 25/8/10 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the Caravan and Camping Club here. My sister is in the CC and they only go on Rallys which are just meet ups in an empty field and then they make their own entertainment. The C&CC sites we have been on have been brilliant. The only rules we have noticed are no dog fouling (which for those of us with dogs is a god send) and no noise after 10pm. Again, us with kids appreciate this. Other than that its a good holiday back to the old values we had when we were kids. And now we have our camper purchased we can go away for a few quic each night. Thats why we got one and thats why we are away in it so often.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

Triton

posted on 25/8/10 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Noooooo caravans are for camp sites and old blokes who like towing mobile shitehouses around....get yourself a Vw T25 camper and be done with it.

And for those that don't "get it ", how many kit cars can you kip in and make brekkie in the morning, oh and I can use my bus without having to wear waterproofs to keep dry...

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Vindi_andy

posted on 25/8/10 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
seeing the comments and thinking back Im sure it was the C&CC sites mt parents used

Never came across any gestapo and everyone was always very friendly

Jasper

posted on 25/8/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Well we have our first weekend in a caravan at Goodwood the other week and absolutely LOVED it. My sister and brother-in-law hung out in our 'van as well as they were camping and loved it so much they're now gonna buy their own!!

But, the idea of caravan sites doesn't appeal hugely from what other people have said about them, so we're taking it to Amsterdam (we're seeing a band play there we love) in October for 5 days as I should think the Dutch sites are a little more laid back

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.