Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recovery to IVA
bigpig

posted on 31/10/10 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
I asked my local station. They said yes they can do an MOT on a chassis number. As mentioned you want to speak to a local station. You will have to anyway as it must be pre-booked for a car with no current MOT.

It also must be an MOT station that is reasonable distance, i.e. you can't get one in the next town if there is a local station that would do the car for you.

bimbleuk

posted on 1/11/10 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
I drove my Striker to the SVA in Wales (100 miles) with just insurance on the VIN.

Following week I drove to an MOT station in Cheltenham (25 miles) with the insurance paperwork and the SVA pass certificate. I did get pulled over as there weren't any plates on it but they just checked my insurance and let me on my way.

I know I didn't necessarily need an MOT straight away but I thought it would make the registration process go more smoothly. That was done on the VIN.

[Edited on 1-11-10 by bimbleuk]

interestedparty

posted on 1/11/10 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'd recommend you sort things quickly so you can drive there. It's my understanding that if you don't turn up on time or damn close to it, you will lose the £450.

I doubt any recovery firm is going to want to compensate you £450 if they fail to turnup on time.

On the otherhand, if your kit car won't start on the morning, then you won't get tested anyway. So play safe and drive there.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Michael

posted on 1/11/10 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks i have booked a recovery agent and its been understood its got to be there at a specific time for the test.

Thanks again.

Bluemoon

posted on 1/11/10 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
had no plates whatsoever OOOOH

Snap, predestrians did comment!

quote:

On the otherhand, if your kit car won't start on the morning, then you won't get tested anyway.

Yep, had a "support car" (tin top, with the mechanic (father!) with tow rope in the boot (I guess it should have been a bar to be ligite).. Also had the local breakdown guys number.. Left really early in case of any issuses.. But it was fine; and first time pass..

Dan

[Edited on 1/11/10 by Bluemoon]

[Edited on 1/11/10 by Bluemoon]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.