Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Supercharging through bike carbs
NS Dev

posted on 22/12/10 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Yea, to be honest any regulator with a pipe on it that you can feed pressure to "should" be ok, though obviously some are crap and don't work very well!

Metro one was designed for the job so should be ok.

The rising rate ones (I've only ever seen injection ones that do this) are a right pain, and not very useful! They just make it very difficult to map an engine as the pressure moves around during mapping rather than staying constant!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

MikeRJ

posted on 23/12/10 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FASTdan
I'm getting mixed up there with terminology by the sounds if it, I always understood a fpr with boost reference was a 'rising rate'. I currently run one from a metro turbo - with boost ref.

I think this is probably a common misconception; "rising rate" means the ratio of the pressure change at the output to the pressure change at the reference port is greater than 1:1.

e.g. If a standard regulator produced, say 3 bar with atmospheric pressure at the reference port, then it would produce 4 bar with 1 bar at the reference port. A rising rate regulator might produce 4.2 bar under the same circumstances, giving a ratio of 1.2:1

This can be useful to extend the dynamic range of the injectors, i.e. run a higher pressure under boost so you have enough fuel flow, but a lower pressure off boost so your injector pulse widths are reasonable at idle. They can also be used as a horrible bodge to increase fuel delivery when adding forced induction to engines running standard ECUs designed for normally aspirated operation. It's not useful for a carburettor based system since you don't want to increase the fuel pressure more quickly than the boost pressure.

ianjenn

posted on 20/1/11 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
well i'm going to give it a go. I have a supercharger from a mercedes SLK, MSD 2225 fuel pump and Mallory 4309 regulator. I will make a bracket to hold in place and then make an air box with pitot tube to pressurise my bike carbs. Then it will be off for another rolling road. happy days
matt_gsxr

posted on 21/1/11 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
fair amount of turbo and supercharged info using carbs (draw through and blow through) in the forced induction section of the oldskoolsuzuki.­info site. Not into Pintos! but its only the mixture that matters (I think).

Unfortunately that side has been down for the past week. Not sure whats going on there.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.