Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ok, now I know I hate turbo's but...............
NS Dev

posted on 17/10/04 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say (and I think so would Dave Walker) that I'd like to see a Fiat 20v Turbo Coupe cambelt changed without removing the engine!!

I normally do all the work on my cars (road and competition ones) but the Fiat was my dad's so it went to my local garage where I enjoy a good working relationship with the staff and all my MOT's etc are done there.

They did the cambelt and I generally stuck my nose in and mucked in a bit. The only way I could see to do it was to lift the engine off it's mounts and move it over, by that time you may as well lift it out with all the faffing around that has to be done to get to that stage.

Anyway, if anybody really wants to there is no argument, go buy one and try it.........I certainly won't be bothering!!!!

MikeRJ

posted on 17/10/04 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
IThey did the cambelt and I generally stuck my nose in and mucked in a bit. The only way I could see to do it was to lift the engine off it's mounts and move it over, by that time you may as well lift it out with all the faffing around that has to be done to get to that stage.

That depends, if you don't have to drain gearbox and disconnect driveshafts, the wiring loom, fuel pipes etc. it could save a load of time. This is essentialy what you have to do to change the cambelt on an MR2 turbo, done it a couple of times now and dosen't get any easier...

F1 Mini

posted on 18/10/04 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine has tuned an Excort Cossy for a customer, that now has over 920bhp, but it does rev to 9700rpm, and has a tendance of only lasting 3 runs down the drag strip. It's fastest run was a 9 Second standing 1/4 mile. The turbo lag is massive and it only builds boost over 6000rpm. It also runns a Xtrac 4wd gearbox, but money is no object to this bloke..........
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.