Poll: Scots LCB'ers... How Would You Vote? [View Results]
Independence
Devolution 'Max'
Status Quo
Scrap The Lot & Just Get Back to Westminster

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scots LCB'ers... How Would You Vote?
plentywahalla

posted on 24/10/11 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
The true celts that you will only allow to vote in your poll...

???

Maybe celts is not appropriate.

I was only questioning your definition of true scots only being able to vote. How many generations do you have to count back to qualify?

If you count back too many then none of you are native scots at all!

craig1410

posted on 24/10/11 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure describing native Scots as Celts is correct at all. Picts or Gaels perhaps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_people

I think we can assume for the purpose of this exercise that we are talking about those with the right to vote in Scotland.

[Edited on 24/10/2011 by craig1410]

Chippy

posted on 24/10/11 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Haven't voted as don't qualify, (one of the Auld enemy, ) but just wondered how the poll is going. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

zilspeed

posted on 24/10/11 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
I would just like to defend Mr Seabasse's right to vote here.

He lives and works here and makes a significant contribution on many levels.

Unlike the huge tracts of the country inhabited by wastes of space that wouldn't know how to contribute to society if their lives depended on it.

The man lives and works here. Pays his council tax and contributes to his local economy.

He's entitled to a vote.

skodaman

posted on 25/10/11 at 02:57 AM Reply With Quote
As a half Scot but born in England all I've got to say is ,"Freedom for Tibet''. England isn't even independent from Europe so what's the point in Scottish independence?

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bertie_bas205

posted on 25/10/11 at 04:56 AM Reply With Quote
Ye need a 5th button on yer poll......

It's all 80110CK5 and they'll please themselves anyway......

Bertie.

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 25/10/11 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bertie_bas205
Ye need a 5th button on yer poll......

It's all 80110CK5 and they'll please themselves anyway......

Bertie.

Now that man speaks the truth, your not a politician by any chance !!!!

quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
As a half Scot but born in England all I've got to say is ,"Freedom for Tibet''. England isn't even independent from Europe so what's the point in Scottish independence?

I would agree having lived in an Asian country and been up into both Burma/Tibet I think freedom for Tibet is a much more valid cause.

And Zil I actually agree with you about SeaBass im just winding feker up !!!!! Scots humour that's lost on many !!!

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

bertie_bas205

posted on 25/10/11 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hector B,

No I'm not....

The way I see it people vote on these things, they get their asses into big comfy leather chairs in their big offices that we, the tax pay for an reem us..

How many voted for raised taxes?? I didn't but I have to pay it!!!

Maybe there should be a "rants page"....

Bertie.

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 25/10/11 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hector B,

No I'm not....

The way I see it people vote on these things, they get their asses into big comfy leather chairs in their big offices that we, the tax pay for an reem us..

Bertie.

Bertie, Seeing as your from Aberdeenshire, you should get in touch with "omega24v6/Garry" he's in the "Broch" you seem as gumpy & moaning faced an old bstard as he is you two would get along quite well

(if your reading ) sorry couldny resist Garry

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

jabbahutt

posted on 25/10/11 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hector as the history teachers in Scotland are so good and the Scots memories are so long, what is your take on the fact that one of the major reasons Scotland signed the treaty of Union was it's disastrous attempts to set up a trade colony in the 1690's practically leaving the country bankrupt and that is why you are currently under the yoke of the Auld enemy?

JoelP

posted on 25/10/11 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
Haven't voted as don't qualify, (one of the Auld enemy, ) but just wondered how the poll is going. Cheers Ray

Click the view results button.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 25/10/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
Hector as the history teachers in Scotland are so good and the Scots memories are so long, what is your take on the fact that one of the major reasons Scotland signed the treaty of Union was it's disastrous attempts to set up a trade colony in the 1690's practically leaving the country bankrupt and that is why you are currently under the yoke of the Auld enemy?

Thats only one of the many farks up both sides have to hang their head in shame about.

But maybe that's not a road you should wish to travel as an Englishmen, Because the PROVABLE list of English fark ups throughout history leaving people and whole countries high, dry and everything else in between is very very long and not very distinguished, ask almost anyone around the world and you will come across a nation who has reason to be pissed off at the English many many countries were forcibly under the yoke and tyranny of the English.

If you wish to proceed further, where would you like me to start the list ?

Hmmmm

Scotland
Ireland
Ask some of the Africans who were sent over to colonize Jamaica on slave trade ships by English.
America (remember the big hoo ha about the declaration of independence that was the result of the yanks not being best please being under the yoke of English tyranny)

I could go on and on and on as I said the list is very long.

All history yes but )provable history too) the "English" have much to answer for, for creating many problems throughout the history of the developing world.

But as this is all can only descend in to an all out slugging match, I feel its best we agree to disagree.

So I have pressed my point and need to add nothing further before effing politics gets the better of a car building forum

Scootz its your bloody fault..........................

So lets all just get on with talking about cars and leave all that shite to politicians who will do their best to fark it up anyway.

And most of all lets all stay friends (well in the case of we Scots we will at least "tolerate" you English)

hahahahahahaha

Come smile guys

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 25/10/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
I tend to think that if the Scots do vote for independence it would be a shame, three centuries or so of history ended, however if that is the way the majority of the population want to go, so be it. I must confess I have some doubts as to the economic viability of Scotland on it's own, but I will also confess that I aint no expert
My personal preference would be to set up a federal system for the four countries in the Union, with England, Wales, Scotland and NI acting much like states in the US. This would allow a lot more freedom for law making etc, whilst keeping the benefits of the Union. I guess it's too much of a compromise in that it wouldn't satisfy the rabid unionists or independence nuts!

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

foskid

posted on 25/10/11 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
I’m originally from Glasgow (as were my parents) so I’m a real jock and I feel this independence thing is all a bit silly, as none of the countries in the union, even Engerland could survive independently any more than Britain could survive if totally divorced from Europe, though I do wish they would stop interfering in our laws such as they are.

I have found it amusing though throughout this thread watch the napalm flying back and forth in relative safety from behind the ramparts of the welsh border.

It’s nice to watch the kids have fun.

jabbahutt

posted on 25/10/11 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Hector I hope you didn't take my question as a serious point scoring excercise mearly a light hearted mickey take from an Englishman. I have no doubt that throughout history England has done many things to be ashamed of along with many things to be very proud of.

scootz

posted on 25/10/11 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
Scootz its your bloody fault..........................

Guilty m'lud!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 25/10/11 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
I'd have to say that I'd be in favour of a fully independent Scotland... and for no other reason that I see it as an opportunity to improve the future of me and mine!

It's a MASSIVE gamble though as there (quite rightly) would be no way back, but the potential pay-off is immeasurable.

It really comes down to the ownership of the oil-fields, just how much of the black-stuff is left and how any Scottish Govt would invest the revenue to work for us in the future. I also think that recent events in Ireland would provide lessons on what NOT to do with it!

We'll see what happens. For now I'm proud to be Scottish and I'm proud to be British.

PS - would we still get to be part of LCB if we did dissolve the Union?

It's Evolution Baby!

jabbahutt

posted on 25/10/11 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit to being extremely envious of the whole Scottish pride thing, you only have to look at the hooha flying an English flag causes to realising how nice it must be living in a country where it is not seen as wrong to being proud of your nationality and displaying it.

scootz

posted on 25/10/11 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
National pride is good, but I have to say that some of the noisiest exponents of it in Scotland are the no-marks who have contributed precisely squat... and taken the most.

They feed-off the exploits of our illustrious forefathers, but haven't cottoned on that we're being left behind at an alarming rate!

I'm hoping that an independent Scotland would shake-up the status-quo and remove the outdated 'persecution complex'. Introduce a case of there you have it... now it's success is up to each of you!

It's Evolution Baby!

bertie_bas205

posted on 25/10/11 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
quote:
Hector B,

No I'm not....

Bertie.

Bertie, Seeing as your from Aberdeenshire, you should get in touch with "omega24v6/Garry" he's in the "Broch" you seem as gumpy & moaning faced an old bstard as he is you two would get along quite well

(if your reading ) sorry couldny resist Garry

Im in no way grumpy, some things just get up my nose.........

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ............................. and RELAX.......!!

Bertie.

P.s I'm Irish.......

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.