Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What's wrong with this picture?
Benzine

posted on 11/1/12 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Must be a photoshop. It's a fiat that doesn't look like this:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 11/1/12 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Is that an Alfa parked next to it Benzine?

It's Evolution Baby!

bi22le

posted on 11/1/12 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thats the same car only a day later, it again rained!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Benzine

posted on 11/1/12 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rachaeljf

posted on 11/1/12 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
It is NOT my intention to ruin his business. He does some very good work - his UT and his loopy missus' X1/9 are very very nice and a credit to him, and I have said so too. However, I do not take kindly to character assassination on failbook, the like of which astounded me, especially as many of the mob that crucified me I have helped in the past and often called me a "guru." He has got the muggins group admin eating out of his hand, so of course any riposte is simply deleted or the riposter banned. Thus the 400 odd members who do not know me from Adam all think I'm a nutty drunk (hmm, they may be right after all!).

The guy is all mouth and trousers and it was high time for him to be debagged. The last straw was when he was prepared to let a trusting punter spend unnecessary money and potentially damage his engine so that the great Whyte hope could score a point over the UK X1/9 Owners Club. But that is another story!

I just wanted some assurance that I wasn't losing the plot, so I thought I would consult the collective wisdom here - thank you for your thoughts.

There, I've said more than enough. It really isn't worth the hassle but when some innocent car owner is allowed to suffer for someone's egotism I think I should speak up. Sorry everybody.

Edited: junk removed

[Edited on 11/1/12 by rachaeljf]

owelly

posted on 11/1/12 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Wowzers! I've just had a read through some of those posts on FB! That's my fill of crankyness for the rest of 2012!
Obviously, I only know what I've read on there and on here but blimey, if you don't like what folks say, just ignore them, don't spend ages hating them! Hate doesn't hurt those you're hating. It just twists you up. Peace out little Fiaty folks.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

owelly

posted on 11/1/12 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add: Racheal, you're welcome to share my Jaffa Cakes as as a comforting cakey snack.

rachaeljf

posted on 11/1/12 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Haha thanks for the jaffa cakes Owelly!

Edited: I shouldn't be bringing my spats here.

[Edited on 11/1/12 by rachaeljf]

fugly

posted on 13/1/12 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
note to self...must take nylocs of my exhaust manifold.......

Trying to build a locost, supercharge an RX-8 and look after new born twins......And women say men cant multi task!!

owelly

posted on 13/1/12 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
There's no huge problem with using nylocs on your manifolds or turbo, as long as you're not relying on the nylon bit to stop them from coming loose. And you don't mind the smell of burning nylon....

adithorp

posted on 13/1/12 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Well looking at the picture...
Nylocks on an manifold. Not idea, but as Owelly says, the nylon is only there to prevent the nut coming off if it works loose.
The studs and bolts they're on are too short for them to work anyway. Should those be bolts?
The pipe bend is too tight to be idea but can understand the packaging constraints.
The rubber hos will melt that close to the pipe.
The wastegate in blocked.
The nut top left of the picture looks like it might be cross threaded.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

keith777

posted on 13/1/12 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see you on the friendly forum Rach, far too much bickering on
exie site for me - stuff 'em !
Cheers Keith

MakeEverything

posted on 13/1/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fugly
note to self...must take nylocs of my exhaust manifold.......

Plum, you didn't?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

rachaeljf

posted on 13/1/12 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Keith,

I understand your comment, sadly much of the bickering has a common denominator.

It has come to my attention that posters in this thread may receive messages from very recently joined "members." I am very sorry for this, this guy has a track record of using sock puppets to attack anyone who offends him. Please report them.

Again, I apologise for dragging a troll or trolls here. I would be happy if this thread disappeared along with said trolls.

Regards to all,

Rachael

Ninehigh

posted on 13/1/12 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Heh they can message me all they want

Thing is he's going to give someone duff advice one day and then someone else is going to give that guy a more convincing argument as to why previous advice was duff, probably while putting it on or taking it off the back of an AA truck (giving the second advice more impetus)

Then again surely anyone who's not a moron would check any advice somewhere else until it's proven to be regularly good advice? It's why I ask most of my questions on here because together we know pretty much everything

rachaeljf

posted on 13/1/12 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
That may be true for those of us who have some car knowledge, but there are a lot of innocent owners who rely on and expect a "professional" to give the correct advice. That's what worries me most. This guy was given a "Technical Advisor" post in the UK X1/9 OC (we trusted him too), imagine how that reflects on the club.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.