Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Detling Sat 7th April
Michael

posted on 8/4/12 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
I was there, too but not for long. I was the one driving a BRG Locost with Yellow Center stripe at about half ten trying to work out where to Park.

I ended up with the Individuals next to a Ferrari and oposite ones for sale.

It was the first outing in the car, and nice to get waves from other's on the way to and from the show.

Broke down on the way home though.

adithorp

posted on 8/4/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Well whatever others say I enjoyed it. A nice cruise down of 250 miles, starting off over Woodhead pass through the snow left over fron Wed; You know your tyres are cold when the water they're running through is coming out of a snow drift!Meeting up with mates, a quick blat on Fri night to the pub for something to eat after the drive down. Then a great 2 hour blat around the lanes with 1/2 a dozen others, breakfast at cafe and a convoy into the show. Show itself was a bit small but the welcome from the SKCC made up for that. Finally a nice cruise back finishing with a bit of a blat over the Pennines.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

russbost

posted on 9/4/12 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
"What stood out for me was the lack of anything different in the show and maybe in the industry. I know Detling is small, but itstill seems that Sevens and Cobras (and now I guess MEV) are the only people selling in any numbers. A bit sad really; maybe there's a gap for a new type of kit, or maybe a new concept will never will be economical?"

You didn't come & see me on the Furore F1 stand then? You're perfectly welcome to love it or hate it but you surely can't deny it's different!!!

Really good to hear that all that went enjoyed it, disappointing that there weren't many manufacturers there, it's a small hall, but at least it was full, there were loads of clubs & cars outside so plenty of cars to get a look at. It's nice to see a thread actually complimenting a show instead of dissing it, if we're still going to have any shows left other than Stoneleigh in a couple of years then both manufacturers & traders need to get behind them.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
GRRR

posted on 9/4/12 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Ha Russ you're right yours is different, and was looking good at Detling too, but as unique as it is I don't think there'll be fields full of Furore's at Stoneleigh in the cominbg years (although how awesome a sight would that be!) as I suppose it doesn't appeal to the average builder for whatever reason, as much as a 7 or one of MEVs hamster cages (joke by the way ): )
Talon Motorsport

posted on 10/4/12 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
Given that Detling now has 2 halls why oh why did they not fill both of them? If a show is kept small then people expect a small show and people shy away. If traders and manufactures are charged a little less to be there but there are more of them then every body can afford to go. We used to do a lot of model railway shows as traders and included in the price of the stand was a lunch time meal and free tea and coffee through out the day. If this was offered it would be a gesture towards the manufactures from the promoters that they where wanted there rather than 'please come and pay for your advertising'.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 10/4/12 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talon Motorsport
Given that Detling now has 2 halls why oh why did they not fill both of them? If a show is kept small then people expect a small show and people shy away. If traders and manufactures are charged a little less to be there but there are more of them then every body can afford to go. We used to do a lot of model railway shows as traders and included in the price of the stand was a lunch time meal and free tea and coffee through out the day. If this was offered it would be a gesture towards the manufactures from the promoters that they where wanted there rather than 'please come and pay for your advertising'.

There are actually 3 halls now, the 2 old halls that used to be used & the new one we were in this year. Speaking to some of the organisers there it would appear that to rent the other 2 halls & associated grounds is much more costly & TBH it was fairly obvious that they had struggled to fill the small hall as it was. I felt footfall was good for a small show particularly the Saturday & whilst it wasn't brilliant for me, I would describe it overall as a success.
I think the problem is that the show has been steadily decreasing over a few years & now, hopefully with the new organisers who also run Stoneleigh they may be able to build up from the base established & gradually increase the size of the show over the next few years.

I think the really important thing is for the clubs & all oners to get behind the shows & attend - even if a tintop because the weather is cr*p!

I also really do feel that moving the show to later in the year would benefit everybody

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
morcus

posted on 10/4/12 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was gonna go but I booked of the wrong weekend. I considered going between shifts on Sunday but I don't think I could have without hurting myself (36hour days are no fun.)

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.