Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: T9 or MT75 Box
MkIndy7

posted on 22/5/12 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Padstar
Was planning on using as many "newer" parts as possible from a MK3 via eBay and the like as I wanted to steer clear of older/well used parts to make way for newer ones as I had planned on it being a regular track day car and thought that would be a more reliable option for this use. I also have limited space that will not allow an untaxed vehicle to be broken in.

Seemed to me that using the net u could get many if the required components from cars broken by others at a reasonable price.

Am I going completely wrong here?

The chances are all the kits that use a MX5 as a donor are for the Mk 1 and 2... The Mk3 I would guess is quite different.

Probably 5 stud hubs vs 4 for the Mk 1/2, it might have a wider drivetrain so the driveshafts are longer, the steering column might be different to accomodate the duratec... this is whereyou really need to do your research and buy wisely.

A single donor if usually by far the cheepest way of doing it as there's all sorts of little things you don't realise you need that end up costing.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.