Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Honda s2000 built engine
Gdb2013

posted on 28/4/13 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
yes i have a honda diff and its a 4.1 but for now while i m building the kit and getting it rolling i ll use he ford diff until i can find or get a 3.9 diff built.
daniel mason

posted on 28/4/13 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
think ford do a 7" 4.1 or similar ratio

wylliezx9r

posted on 28/4/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gdb2013
Ok I finally made a decision on which kit to go for .i ve gone for the Westfield s2000 starter kit ,wide body ,light weight chassis and body work with roll Cage mounting points welded in for when I change it over to full track /race car.i bought a sierra Cosworth 7.5inch rear diff with 3.6.4 ratio LSD with 108mm driveshaft connections and am currently stripping the diff and driveshafts down to re condition.Car wise I gone for the FW bodywork model and have had the aluminium panels powder coated black and the chassis,suspension arms done in black as well.

Is the westfield chassis designed to take a 7.5 inch diff ? I thought they used 7 inch ?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Gdb2013

posted on 24/5/13 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Small update , i ve gone for a rolling chassis now which is nearly ready for collection from westfield .Included in the upgraded parts are AP racing 4 pot s to the front ,golf rear calipers, grooved discs all around,digital race dash ,omex 700 ecu and loom ,gone for the FW Body work front and rear ,and today i recived my 7 inch diff back from BARA MOTORSPORTS which included new CWP 4.1 ratio ,uprated and renewed the viscous lsd which is now set at 180 nw i m not sure of the acutal abriviation ?.Also other parts that have turned up are Bosch fuel pump rated to 350bhp ,race clutch,lightweight flywheel,j s throttle boddies ,and radtec alloy radiator .thats it for now thanks greg
daniel mason

posted on 24/5/13 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
what made you go for the j's racing throttle boddies? nice spec car btw

Gdb2013

posted on 24/5/13 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry my mistake its a j s racing throttle bodie instead of the oem honda one so i think the difference is stock are 62mm and this is 70mm and the reason s are firstly i have the AT power ITB s but would like to simplify the ecu setup by removing the ITB s and fitting the single j s racing one .That way mapping will be easyier for now.
wylliezx9r

posted on 24/5/13 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
I agree really nice spec. Must have cost a bomb.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Alan B

posted on 25/5/13 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
Excuse my lack of new terminology...but what's a "built" engine? Is it different from one that is merely assembled?

Or is it that it's "built" or blueprinted with high end racing spec. components?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gdb2013

posted on 22/6/13 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Few more updates on the car.my original plan was to build a kit car with my dad as it was his life long dream for us to do it together.Any way we then decided to go for a rolling chassis built by westfield which has now nearly been completed.Any way my dad got taken ill 10 days ago and now has passed away.This project now has now meanings to me now as i hoped to work together on it.so i m thinking now how best to houner him with this car and i hoped i could get aa magazines feature as the engine is unique and a nice one off diff and we bought all top spec parts to fit to it,i just feel i owe it to my dad .lso could someone give me step by step info on uploading pics
daniel mason

posted on 22/6/13 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
so sorry about this! build it to the best of your ability. that way,you know you couldnt have done any more and he will be no doubt proud! good luck and no cut corners. hopefully we can meet up and have a blat on track sometime!

maccmike

posted on 22/6/13 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Deepest sympathies.
Gdb2013

posted on 13/7/13 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
hi there could someone help me up load all these build pictures as i ve managed to add them to my profile but how do you get them on the post.I ve now got a newly upgraded rear diff that was done by bara motorsport ,it included a complete service and new CWP Bearings,seals, uprated LSD ,and i went for 4.1 ratio and had the origional 3.6.4 removed.Bought a nice new aluminium rad from radtec which should keep the beast cool.The kit is almost rolling chassis but i m hoping that if i can get photos uploaded i can tidy up this thread by showing the step by step progress via pictures and my explanation underneath.Also the bodywork has arrived to so can show it off
daniel mason

posted on 13/7/13 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
you need to click on the ad image box when your writing a thread
then copy the url of the image exactly in the box and upload.

jeffw

posted on 14/7/13 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
If you have ITBs you should use them, the car will drive much better than on one large single Throttle body

Gdb2013

posted on 14/7/13 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
[img]http:// locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/IMGP6722-2.jpg[/img[/img]
[/img]

sssline

posted on 14/7/13 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote

Couple less img tags

https://www.facebook.com/groups/swkitcars/

Gdb2013

posted on 14/7/13 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
i still don t understand how to upload, i can do it on other forums with no problems, maybe its because i m using an android phone ?i copy and paste the number then ooen it in the thread is that right .My heads a bit in the shed mind since loosing my dad ,this project lost its drive a bit now .Anyway i would love to get these nice pictures of tbe engine build,kit build and bodywork. Maybe i m a bit thick when it comes to technology .....
jacko

posted on 18/7/13 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theduck

posted on 18/7/13 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

There you go

Gdb2013

posted on 18/7/13 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
thanks mate ,appr&#305;c&#305;ate the help,&#305; th&#305;nk &#305; just load them &#305;n the arc&#305;ve and let you boys do the upload&#305;ng lol......&#305; ve got about 38 more p&#305;ctures &#305;f they &#305;nterest anyone &#305; ll carry on upload&#305;ng. I got a load on the eng&#305;ne bu&#305;ld as well. aga&#305;n thanks for your help greg.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.