Author: Subject: lost for what to buy
Magic Beans

posted on 25/7/13 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
what ever you look at it should have:

* the make and model correct on the V5
* it should state 'new at first registration'
* the date of first registration should be the date it was put on the road as a kitcar

after that all the usual stuff still applies like matching VIN and engine numbers etc...

the other type of ringer to look out for is the old kitcar id on the new car - this is almost always an old dutton from the 1980's that been scrapped for years and someone has used its ID on a brand new kit (there always seems to be one like this for sale somewhere )
the only way to legally keep the ID of any donor car is to use its 'unmodified' chassis and even then it my need the V5 updated if the appearance has changed significantly

Sound advice, thanks

Lots of reading and questioning to be done first for me I think and maybe try to see if anything good pops up for sale on here.

The MK Indy Hayabusa for sale on here appeals massively. Especially as the builder seems to be every bit as OTT as my last power build details and finish wise. Possibly too much for a first endeavour into the world of kit cars..

Magic Beans

posted on 25/7/13 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCAR
Magic
Pop in for a chat and see what we're building
Usually in Saturday mornings 9.00 till 12.00
Cheers
SCAR
Samworth Church Academy Racing

I'd love to actually I'm on my own Saturday and you're only 10 minutes from where I live (Berry Hill).

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.