Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DRIVING ROADS
Ivan

posted on 6/12/14 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Around Cape Town there are just too many to mention - all within a days drive - like - 4 passes through the Boland and Agterberg - Cape Town to Cape Point round both sides of the Peninsula - Cape Town to Hermanus via Pringle Bay and back via Bot River and Sir Lowries Pass etc etc etc.

For all of the above you really need to hire a Cobra or some cabriolet. Only downside of the open car is that you might end up with a baboon in the cockpit looking for food if tourists block the road near a troop of baboons. (Don't ask how I know - they get in much faster than you can get out )

All best done out of season around March to May when traffic is less of a problem and not as many tourists and not so windy.

wilkingj

posted on 9/12/14 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Once in a lifetime, you need to drive this road.. 90Kms of FUN..
Not on the other side of the world either (Europe)

Linky

Domn I knew I shouldnt have sold the Viento

Geoff

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ianm67

posted on 9/12/14 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
B9007 from Carrbridge to Logie. It's worth the 550 mile drive from my home in Reading just to get to it........

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

dubzter

posted on 9/12/14 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
I did this route in a Caterham CSR200 back in 2010 and it was epic. Was a treat for me and the missus for our 10th anniversary. Did it over 3 days and stayed at the The Albannach (michelin star restaurant with a hotel attached ) for 2 nights. We got the Caterham from Highland Caterham Hire. Was the most amazing few days in stunning scenery with stunning roads, the hotel was pretty amazing as well. Decided to do this rather than spend the same amount on a weekend city break abroad and it was worth every penny. Ultimately it was this that gave me the need to build my own.

femster87

posted on 9/12/14 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Got to be Scotland. No contest really. Spent 7 days 2 summers ago. Experience of a lifetime
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.